It's Your Mistake, Honey

My eyes darted from one spot to another, trying so hard to avoid eye contact with him. My eyes followed the trees outside the window, watching the leaves fly with the wind. It wasn't that I was afraid to look him in the eyes, but afraid that if he looked into mine he'd see everything. How I felt, what I really thought, how there was so much pain behind the smile that never reached my eyes as it did before.

He coughed, trying to get my attention but I didn't fall for that. He'd used that trick on me ever since we met, I smiled remembering the silly pick up line he had used on me that first day, that first date.

~

Flashback

I sat with my back againest the rest of the crowd. Reahing into my bag, I grabbed my notebook and started to write yet another song that would just be hidden among the many other songs written in the pages. I started humming notes that would become the chords for my lyrics, without even realizing it though, I started to sing.

'Cause honey you make mistakes

Ones that are unforgiveable

Ones that are unforgettable

But they aren't my mistakes

You tell me I'm the one making a regret

Tell me I'll be the one coming back

But all I see is you standing there smiling

Expecting me to turn around

But honey this is your mistake

'Cause you make mistakes

One that are unforgiveable

Ones that are unforgettable

But they aren't my mistakes

You see me walk away

And you're left standing there, still smiling

The thing is though, I'm not coming back

And you're not realizing that

So stand there and smile as you wait for nothing

'Cause this is your mistakes honey

This one is unforgettable

This one is unforgiveable

So good-bye love

I'm not coming back

"That sounds really good," I looked up shocked. "seriously, that does."

Standing before me was a stranger, a complete total stranger. "do I know you?"

"No. But I'd love to know you." he smirked.

"creep." I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Well, I want a lot of things. Money. Fame. All that material shit everybody wants. But one thing I want is to know you a little bit more. Name's Kent. And you are?" He was charming, I'd give him that but still a little creepy.

"I am, out of here," I smiled and closed my notebook, getting ready to go.

"Cute response. But seriously, I really do want to know you." he followed me as I headed for the door.

"Want to know me a bit more?" I question with a little bit of sas. "Why don't you go back there and meet me here some other time, okay?"

"Why don't you take a little break from trying to get away from me and actually get to know me?" He was persistant. I actually had to step back and look at him. Blonde hair, typical blue eyes that match. Nice tan tone, fit, tall. My eyes lingered on a scar that ran down his neck and his hand went up to cover it.

"What happend?" I point to the scar, it was interesting. Like a lightening bolt, but like a snake as it slithered from his neck to his collar bone.

"Well, come back to the table and I'll tell you what happened," he flashed me a smile that somehow made butterflies in my tummy.

"Maybe another time," and I slipped out hearing him calling me out.

"Hey! Wait! I don't even know your name!" but his calling out faded as I walked into yet another crowd, trying to figure out what just happened.

~

"Hey, come on. I'm sorry okay?" He reached for me and I snapped out of my ignoring stage.

"Don't touch me," I said in a hostile voice. "I don't ever want you to touch me."

"Don't be like this. Come in, it was a mistake! Get over it." He tried to reach for me again but I moved away.

"Yeah, your mistake. Stay away from me Kent. I told you to stay away!" I screamed and I pushed past him, leaving him there just like last time. "Just stay away."

~~~~

All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (C) January 10, 2011

Written by; Christina aka BeautifulWriter224