03-dreams come true

Start from the beginning

Jayden rolled his eyes with a ghost of a smile on his lips at Brooke's actions, while Emily peered at Kevin with a kind but confused expression. "Worries?" The yellow ranger echoed, still holding her kind tone.

Brooke handed Jayden back his training sword, motioning to Kevin with her eyebrows raised. Jayden only shrugged in response, and the two went back to their sparring. Brooke performed an uppercut that Jayden blocked- and the girl's eyes flashed gold as she thought up a battle strategy. Jumping back before the red ranger's swing could nick her in the stomach, Brooke charged Jayden, Ji watching the two with something akin to pride shining in his eyes.

"I was just thinking, maybe you miss your family? Y'know, spending time with your sister and all? I know you two were close." Kevin explained, and Emily smiled sweetly at the blue ranger, resting on her training sword some.

"You're a sweetie, Kev, but I'm fine." The yellow ranger reassured him, and Brooke pursed her lips in confusion, keeping her attention to the blue ranger as she blocked Jayden's attack from behind.

Spinning on her heels, the silver ranger snickered, her eyes flashing triumphantly. "Nice try, but you're gonna have to do better than that, Red." Brooke teased, spinning her training sword in her hand and then pointing it at Jayden. She radiated confidence, and Jayden found that somewhat endearing as he rolled his eyes at his childhood friend's teasings.

"How'd you predict-" Jayden started, but was cut off by Mike's triumphant cheer, Brooke having an expression of amusement on her face. The five other rangers were fun, they were a mix of different personalities that was a change from what Brooke had gotten accustomed to.

The character Mike had drawn glowed a bright green and leaves soon erupted from the symbol as it disappeared in a flash of green, Mike wearing a proud grin. "I knew I could do it!" The green ranger cheered, spinning around in his stool so that he was facing the five other rangers.

"You did! Congratulations!" Emily cheered, laughing faintly at the green ranger's enthusiasm, Kevin walking up to Mike.

"Hey Mike, I know how hard you're working on your symbol power, it took me years to master them! If you ever need to talk," Kevin offered to the green ranger and clapped Mike on the shoulder, who looked at the blue ranger's hand quizzically. "I'm here for you."

"Yeah... Anything you say, dude?" Mike answered hesitantly, but it was more a question than an answer.

Kevin seemed to not notice, or not care, because he turned his attention to the silver ranger- well, the brown wolf that was the silver ranger. "Hey, Brooke," Kevin called, and wolf-Brooke barked at Jayden as she bounced around the red ranger, who had his brows knit in annoyance as the brown wolf easily dodged his strikes. Her bones cracking, Brooke shifted back, blocking Jayden's kick with her arms as she raised an eyebrow at the blue ranger. "I know since you're the newest one on the team and all, you might have some trouble transitioning. I'm here to help if you need it." Kevin explained, and Brooke's eyes flashed gold for a moment.

"I'm good, but thanks for the offer. I'm doing just fine." Brooke answered, shaking her head. Her black ponytail swung, and she wiped some sweat off of her brow, raising her eyebrows at Jayden. The red ranger only knit his brows in response, blue eyes flickering to the blue ranger.

"What's up with him? I've never seen him look so happy." Mike remarked as he slid off of the stool, walking up towards Brooke and Jayden and motioning to Kevin.