1.4 | The Mystery of House 2B (Part III)

Start from the beginning

'Sir, I am sorry, but Dr Chakradhar is very busy today. Please take an appointment for tomorrow.' said the receptionist.

'Tomorrow would be too late. Inform your doctor. If he does not come with us now, it would not be helpful for him. We are waiting for him. Please inform him.' said Madhav sternly.

The nurse called inside and, in a few moments, Surender was out in the reception to meet them.

'What is it, sir? Is everything all right?' asked Surender in a tensed tone.

'Till now it's fine, but you have to accompany us. There is something you need to know. We are not here to arrest you or take you by force. I am giving you an address. Please come over with us. You must know the address.' said Madhav.

'Can I start after some time? I have an important appointment with the patient. It is important.' requested Surender.

'Ok, but do not avoid it. We are here to help you, and if you do not follow our instructions, it would not be suitable for you.' said Madhav with a smile.

'Can we have your card, please?' said John.

Surender handed over his business card to them, and he left the place, assuring that he will be there just after completing his session.

Madhav and John left the place. It surprised Surender on seeing the address. He realised something was not right. He had to check it before confiding with anyone.

Episode 17

The rays of the sun were slowly turning red. The light cut across the trees and fell on the balcony. Abhay, Vipul, Madhav, John and Mr Sharma were waiting. It was more than an hour, and there was no sign of Surender.

'Are you sure he won't run away?' questioned Vipul.

'Do not worry. I had asked out control centre to track his number. His number is still in his centre. We would get to know if he makes any movement.' said John.

'But Abhay, you never told us about your latest vision?' questioned Madhav.

Mr Sharma looked at Abhay surprisingly.

'I will talk about it once Surender Chakradhar is here.' said Abhay.

'Check for updates and if there is no movement, call him.' said Madhav.

John got up and called the control centre to check. After some time, he came back.

'Surender has moved from his centre. Looking at the location tracker, he would come over here.' said John.

Mr Sharma got up and left for his home.

'I don't know if he would recognise me or not. I do not want to stay here when he comes. Also, I have to check on my wife.' said Mr Sharma and left.

As time passed, it got dark. The doorbell rang. Abhay opened the door. It was Dr Surender. A tall, lean guy with a neatly trimmed beard and thin frameless specs which rested on his sharp nose. He wore a white shirt and a black pant with a black coat on it. He looked at Abhay and introduced himself.

'Please come inside, Dr Chakradhar.' said Madhav as he got up to greet him.

He came inside, and his expression looked uncomfortable. Abhay asked him to sit and asked for any refreshments.

'No, thank you. I am still confused about why you had asked me to come over to this place. Can we please get to it?' said Surender.

'Sure, we can start. You must be aware by now why we called you over here.' said John.