Kuroo's Goodbye to Kenma

"Why's everyone leaving alreadyyy!!" The tall boy with white hair questioned the small second year.
"Because everyone's graduating, Lev." Kenma explained to the energetic first year. Kenma was in the middle of playing one of his video games and didn't want to be interrupted.
"But I just got here and now everybody's graduating?! Why's life so unfairrr." Lev complained
"That's just how it is," Kenma put his game down for a second.
"Life's full of unfairness."

It was the end of the semester and last day of school for the third year students of Nekoma High. As a celebration, they wanted to get some barbeque.
"YAMAMOTO'S GONNA BE THE CAPTAIN NEXT SEMESTER?!" Fukunaga yelled at the top of his lungs.
"WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT LIKE IT'S A BAD THING?!" Yamamoto questioned.
"Guy's don't fight about it, the decisions' already been made." Kuroo stated.
"Fiiine." Fukunaga complained.
"Well don't worry," Yamamoto stood on his chair, put his leg on the table and shouted...
"I'LL BE THE BEST CAPTAIN IN THE WORLD!!"
"GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE TABLE!" Yaku commanded.
"...okay." Yamamoto took his foot off the table and sat down.
"Anyway, what college are you going to Kuroo?" Yaku asked.
"Well actually, a college from America offered me a scholarship." Kuroo replied with a nervous expression on his face.
"What really? That's amazing!" Yaku chanted
"America?," Kenma thought to himself. "That's... really far away." Kenma started feeling sad and kind of... angry. After getting lost in thought, Kenma snapped back into reality.
"Kenma? You ok?" Kuroo questioned him.
"Huh? Yeah I'm fine." Kenma said with a slightly shaky voice.
"You sure? You zoned out for a second there."
"I'm fine, don't worry."
Once everyone was done eating, they decided to go to an arcade and have some fun. Yamamoto challenged Kenma to a battle of Mario Kart. Kenma absolutely destroyed him.
"WHAT THE HECK KENMA! I CHALLENGE YOU AGAIN!!" Yamamoto said with fury in his eyes
"I'm good." Kenma said while putting the controller back on the console.
"Kenma said no to rematch? Is he okay?" Kuroo thought to himself.
"Hey! Kenma do you wanna look around and see if- "
"No thanks." Kenma bluntly walked past Kuroo. Kenma wasn't in the mood to do anything really, he was trying to forget about everything. He thought of it as a way to not miss him or get hurt in general. So, he's letting him go.

After all of that fun time they had, they had to say goodbye.
"I'm rEaLlY gOnNa mIsS yOu YaKu- SaN!" Lev sobbed while shaking Yaku's arm.
"I DON'T CARE!" Yaku yelled.
"WHYYY?!"
"CAUSE YOU'RE BEING ANNOYING!"
"WILL YOU CARE IF I STOP BEING ANNOYING?!"
"Maybe," Yaku said while crossing his arms.
"You know Lev, you really suck at volleyball,"
"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN ALL THE TIME?" Lev rudely interrupted
"Buuut, that doesn't mean you're not improving. Keep up the good work." Yaku gave lev a thumbs up.
"(Snif) THANK YOU YAKU- SAAAN!!"
"Calm down, geez."

Kenma was quieter than usual, all he could do was stare at the ground and hope he was okay by the time Kuroo had to leave.
"What's the point of me being so mad if I can't change the fact that he's leaving?" Kenma thought to himself. "I know we've been friends since grade school but, all friendships come to an end at some point. So why am I so mad?"

Kenma was walking in the middle of the street since it was late at night and no cars were out. He was planning on walking until his legs got tired.
"KeNmA!!" Kuroo yelled. Kenma looked back and saw Kuroo. "Not good timing." Kenma thought to himself.
"What are you doing?" Kenma questioned Kuroo.
"I should be asking you the same thing." Kuroo ran up to Kenma and stopped out of breath.
"Why are you being so distant all of a sudden?"
Kenma wanted to tell him, but it would be pointless.
"Haven't I always been though?"
"Yeah, but not like this. Why?"
"...so America huh? That's pretty far away."
"What? Oh, yea. But don't change the subject, what's going on?!"
"Nothing. I'm just happy for you is all."
"Really, you don't seem happy..."
"I am. I am." Kenma put his hand on his face trying to cover it.
"So, you're okay with me leaving?" At this point Kuroo was confused, but he knew something was wrong.
"Y- yeah..."
"You're not mad?"
"Why would I be? I can't change the fact that you're leaving, so why hold a grudge over it."
"I don't know. I just thought you'd care a little more is all."
Kenma started getting a little frustrated. He knew that he was being distant, but he still cared.
"I... do care," Kenma turned around and stared at Kuroo dead in the eye.
"But I don't wanna be a burden anymore." After all that deep thinking that Kenma did, he realized that everything that Kuroo could've done, he never did because of Kenma. When he first realized it, he felt so guilty and wanted Kuroo to live a good life without being held back by anyone.
It was quiet.
"Wha- ... your not a burden. Why would you think that?!"
"How could I not? All I've ever done for you is hold you back."
"That's not true! Kenma you've done more for our team then I could ever have."
"I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT OUR TEAM IM TALKING ABOUT YOU! YOU COULD'VE QUIT VOLLEYBALL BECAUSE OF ME. YOU COULD'VE BEEN GREATER THAN YOU ALREADY ARE WITHOUT ME."
"KENMA I WOULDN'T BE WHERE I AM WITHOUT YOU!"
"... you know,"
Kuroo stood up straight and waited for what Kenma was going to say.
"I was quiet... because I was trying to forget about you,"
Kuroo felt like a sword just stabbed him right in the heart when Kenma said that.
"But then I realized that,"
"I don't wanna hear anymore of this." Is what Kuroo thought to himself, before...
"That would be a mistake. Because even though you're leaving, I still know you're here. But if I forget about you, it's like you never existed. And when I pictured my life like that, it was completely worthless without my best friend."
Kuroo's eyes filled with tears as he was in shock with what Kenma said.
He gave Kenma a smile and said,
"Kenma,"
Kenma jilted up.
"Thank you for not forgetting about me."
Kenma smiled for the first time in what seems like years.
"Thank you for not giving up on me."
Kenma chuckled and sighed, not too long after Kuroo spoke up.
"Hey so, do you wanna go back to the arcade?"
"Huh? But it's late?"
"I know."
Kenma gave a half smile and they went back to the arcade, there was barely anyone there but they still had a blast. When they were done playing, they were ready to part ways.
"Hey Kenma, I forgot to tell you,"
"What?"
"I want you to help Lev out as much as you can."
"Why meee?"
"Because who's better than you?"
Kenma didn't really know how to react but he was grateful.
"Thank you. Also, thanks for being a good captain, and a better teammate."
"Quit it with the cheesy nonsense, dude."
The two of them hugged it out and parted ways, hoping that one day they'll see each other again.
Kenma was satisfied with how they parted. But even so, he knew that he wouldn't find a better captain then Kuroo.

The end