Part 4 - Past and Present

Sana started avoiding Sid and focused on her studies as she had planned from the start. They would say hi here and there but She missed talking to him like they would before. They became very close over a short period of time and the time spent with him was the best at the academy, but he pushed her away with his immature behaviour.

Sid and asim's rivalry was the same, both couldn't stay at the same place for long without hurting each other. On the other hand asim was being nice to Sana so she started talking to him and they cleared out their differences.

The week went by fast and the dance was in a day, sana still didn't have a date nor an outfit. Sid was insecure seeing sana with asim, she spent most of her time studying or hanging out with asim's group as Sid was very cold towards her after their chat about the kiss. He did regret it after but didn't know how to talk to her again, and if she would want to talk to him after his behaviour.

He didn't want to lose another chance and wanted to ask her out to go to the dance so he gathered the courage and decided to take the first step, but deep inside he feared asim would ask her before him because of their recent closeness. He planned a surprise for her just outside the campus, a corner of the garden decorated with lights and the light wind adding to the atmosphere.

He went to see her while she was studying

Sid - "hey, do u have a minute"

Sana - "umm...yeah I guess"

Sid - "can you come outside, I wanna talk"

She gets up to go with him, as soon as they walk out she sees the beautifully decorated garden. There were lights that spelled out "Will you be my Date". A cute smile appears on her face and she gets where it's going. She wanted to go with him to the dance the moment it was announced but their differences got in the way.

As much as she wanted that, she had thought to herself that she was just gonna enjoy her time and not let any of that get to her head or get serious again.

Sid walks her out to the center and turns her towards himself, holding her close from her arms.

Sid - "I'm sorry...I made u feel like you weren't important...some things just went wrong and it got to my head and I thought this would complicate things for me here"

Sana - "it's okay Sid I'm not bothered about that...it doesn't matter to me anymore"

Sid - "uh..are u still mad at me"

Sana - "No and I would like to go with you, we can always enjoy and not make everything serious"

He was happy with her yes but at the same time she seemed distant to him.

The preparation for the dance had been going on for days and it was finally the day. It was very chaotic at first but all the students volunteered to finish it just on time. It was the first dance they've held in years and everyone was excited.

Sid gets restless waiting for sana at the dance, everyone was there but her.

He was talking to his friends when his eyes landed on her. She walked in wearing a strapless short dress, and she looked gorgeous.

Sid - "woahhh" as he walked up to her.

He put his hand forward to ask for a dance and they started dancing. He held her closer with one of his arm around her waist and the other joined with her hand. They slowly swayed with the light music.

It was a little awkward given their previous circumstances, but both tried to keep that aside and enjoyed.

Sid - "you look beautiful" he whispered into her ear and passed a slight smile at her.

Sana - "thank you" as she blushed.

He wanted to do something special for her, to make her feel special and give her a reason to forget what's happened before, as he was very guilty about it. He gathered the courage and picked up his guitar before he walked upto the stage.

Sid - "Good evening everyone....I hope you're all having fun...I'm here right now to do something special. I've been a complete jerk to someone and I wanna fix that...I hope she understands and forgives me. I'll be singing something for a special someone" as everyone clapped and cheered for him.

He set his guitar and started singing, the song that he had sung to sana before. He sang it so beautifully and it was very soothing to hear. It almost pushed sana to melt again for him. He kept going on about her beauty and the way he felt about her through the song.

Everyone cheered as he finished, he looked at sana innocently and walked towards her off the stage, after putting his guitar aside. She had already melted from the beautiful performance and walked towards him taking little steps.

Before he could get to her he's met with a kiss on his lips. He moves away to look at her in shock and realizes who it is.

Jasmine - "hi baby, omg that song was amazing....I knew you still love me" as she hugged him tightly.

He stood there hugging her back and looking at sana, who was once again in a bad situation, she was hurt and she couldn't figure why Sid went along with jasmine's stunt.