Part 3 - Dilemma

The morning bell rang for everyone to wake up, it was another day with another task. Everyone gathered in the gym as it was a physical strength task.

Everyone from each team was asked to do a type of exercise, and they would be judged on who could last longer.

It was a very close competition with everyone determined to continue for as long as they could and the last pair was asim and Sid. They were asked to do push ups. Both of them were at their best in the start, it looked as if they didn't have to put any extra efforts, but slowly they started running out of breath and got tired.

Sid's hand slipped due to the sweat formed on his hand, making asim the winner of the task, and it was the last point asim's team needed to win the task of the day.

Asim - "wohoooo....that's how you win" as he smirked looking at Sid.

Sid being the good person he is ignored him and congratulated the opposing team.

Sana - "you did so good" as she passed a slight smile to Sid.

Sid - "Thanks" as he also smiled at her with his bunny teeth.

Everyone headed to the cafeteria for lunch, they all talked away and enjoyed their time after the tiring task.

Sid was passing by a table with members of his team sitting there. He stopped to listen when he overheard them talking about him.

Student - "we lost today because of him, he's losing his charm anyways and now with that girl around he's gonna mess up everything"

Some of them didn't agree with that person but some did and made more comments. He felt bad that his own team thinks like that about him.

Things that other people say usually never affected him but this time it did, He was mostly thinking about how sana and his relationship or whatever they had could affect his position in the academy. At last he was the one who never liked to lose anything.
He kept thinking about it and couldn't understand what to do.

Afternoon Classes started so everyone headed there. Sana felt weird as Sid wasn't talking to her and was avoiding her without making it too obvious, but she could see something was wrong and it was bothering him.

Later that day they were chilling in their rooms when sana saw Sid sitting on the couch, lost in his thoughts and so she walked over to him

Sana - "hey...how are you"

Sid - "I'm good"

Sana - "what are you thinking about" as she sat down beside him.

Sid - "Actually I'm feeling tired, I'm gonna go ahead and try to sleep" as he quickly got up from there making the situation awkward for her but she didn't say much and also went to her room.

Later in the night sana woke up to feeling thirsty but the water on her bedside was finished. she came out to get some water and saw Sid sitting on the same couch, she was worried about what was bothering him.

Sana - "Sid are you ok" as she walked over to him

Sid - "huh...yeah I'm fine...what are you doing up so late"

Sana - "just came to get water...are you sure everything's ok...you seem off since yesterday"

Sid - "yeah....it's getting late you should sleep"

Sana - "uh okay" as she backed away from the conversation because it was getting awkward.

The next day brought a few surprises for everyone, the dean introduced new fun courses and also told them that there will be a dance in a week. They were all so excited about it and already started deciding their dates and outfits.

Sana was still thinking about the kiss she shared with Sid, and how he didn't talk about it. She felt so bad for herself and it was the first time someone made her feel that way.

The students were chilling in the library and were all talking about the dance. Sid and sana were also there, still avoiding each other.

Asim could sense some tension and so he poked his nose where it wasn't needed as always. He kept looking at Sid and laughed making it seem like he was gossiping about him. Sid didn't pay any attention to him at first but at a point he lost his patience and walked upto him, pulling on his collar.

Sid - "why don't you talk to me....share your thoughts about me in front of everyone"

Asim - "woah dude relax..."as he laughed with his friends, trying to provoke him.

Sid was loosing his patience and he unwillingly punched asim in the face. It turned into a violent fight in no time. Sana watching from afar hurried towards them to stop and pushed them away from each other.

Sana - "what the hell are you guys doing...have you two lost it"

Sid moves away and realizes what he was doing, and just walks away without further conversation.

Sana follows him towards the cafeteria and goes to sit beside him with a first aid kit.

Sana - "So you really can't handle one loss" as she took out a piece of cotton to clean the wound.

Sid - "it's not that...he was just being an ass"

She finished with the cleaning and walked away saying "seems like he's not the only one"

He got caught up in the moment with asim and it led to something that he wouldn't usually do, it also made him realize how wrong he was in treating sana like that. He owed her an explanation, so he went looking for her.

He saw her sitting on a bench and went to sit beside her. He sat their quietly not knowing how to start the conversation.

Sana - "do you need something"

After a long pause he started talking

Sid - "I'm sorry....I've been acting like a jerk...but you took it all so seriously and...."

Sana didn't want to hear it because as he apologized he was still being an idiot so she interrupted

Sana - "yeah I know i over reacted....it was just a freakin kiss, and it happens, can we please not talk about it now" as she got up and walked away again.

He was stuck in a dilemma, he felt the need to chose between his ambitions and school, and sana, a girl who he just met. She was special for him and he broke her heart, making her feel bad about herself.