Her mother laughed, shaking her head in amusement and said, "That sounds lovely. Hey! Are you and Seth coming down for dinner on Tuesday?"

"I can't," she sighed, "I have an art exhibition on Tuesday." Alexa began stirring the pot of Bolognese as her mother argued with her about her non-existent career as an artist. She bit her bottom lip, to prevent another dreadful argument about her degree in art.

"Art won't get you a job as a lawyer or a doctor. It's a dead end, Alexa," He mother chastised. Well duh, it's an art degree.

Luckily the front door opened, signalling her fiancé was back, saving her from the dreaded conversation she would have had for the 30th time that month.

"Mom, I got to go; Seth's home. Can we talk about this later?" Alexa muttered.

Veronica let out a dejected goodbye and hung up. Sighing in defeat, Alexa placed the phone onto the counter and continued stirring the pot of Bolognese as Seth wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm guessing that was your mother again?" He questioned, kissing the side of her cheek.

A smile appeared on her lips; she no longer felt upset about her mother's constant hounding about her choice of career path and she nodded, glancing up at him. Her eyes sparkled in joy at his early arrival. "It's fine. I just want to sit down and have a nice meal with the man I love."

His face dropped, the glint of guilt washing over it. "Oh." He deadpanned, his arms loosening from around her waist.

"What?" She asked, knowing that it meant he probably wouldn't be staying for dinner as she struggled to keep her face neutral.

Seth bit his lip, awkwardly deciding whether to mention it or just skip the get-together with his friends. He found her a pain when she didn't get her way and telling her about his sudden plan with his friends wouldn't help his cause in trying to stay on her good side. He sighed in defeat and looked guiltily down at the floor. "The guys asked me out for a few drinks."

Alexa tightened her grip on the spoon, her knuckles turning white. Again? You went out for a few drinks last week and I ended up eating all the damn pasta by myself! However, she breathed in deeply and tried her best not to snap.

Deciding it best to get out of slapping-range, Seth took a step back, leaning against the opposite counter. Not telling her sooner wasn't the best decision, but she would have found out sooner or later. Perhaps later wasn't such a good idea though...

She released the spoon, turning away from him, as she refused to let him see her tearing up over it. How dare he?! She mentioned it 3 nights ago. How did a 3 days' notice go over his head? She was his fiancée. What did the guys have that she didn't?

Seth placed his hand over her shoulder, trying to calm her. "I'm sorry, babe. I honestly forgot." He watched her cautiously, making sure he was ready for her to possibly push him away.

She suddenly turned around, her eyes narrowing into slits as she glared at him. "Three days, Seth. Three fücking days!" She emphasized, the anger pouring out of her. "I gave you a three days' notice and you still forgot?" She asked, her voice raising an octave at the end.

"L-listen, I said I'm sorry," Seth breathed, feeling himself getting annoyed. She knew he wouldn't remember, so why was she getting so bitchy?!

"Sorry," she gritted, "didn't do this to me. Sorry doesn't make up for me slaving," she smacked the stove, "over this cooker to make you dinner, only for you to hang out with your buddies again!"