Best friends forever (1)

"How could you have done that?" Kate said with strange calmness. After running out on them, she had been able to analyze the situation and she came up with her own conclusion. "I thought you were my best friend" she continued, why did you betray me?" She asked trying all possible means you still the rush of tears in her eyes.

"Kate believe me, I didn't do it, it was all a lie" Joyce said hoping to convince Kate. "Shut up!" Kate cried, you were the one convincing me that he loves me and he wouldn't hurt me, you promised your support, is this the support you promised me, is this how you support people in their relationship?"

Kate asked letting the tears fall freely, "answer me you whore?" Kate continued in blind rage not realizing that she has secretly let out a secret. "Yes you're correct" Joyce replied with anger "I am a whore and . . .", "You have sex with both man and beast for money" Kate interrupted her. "Oh!" Joyce exclaimed with evident surprise.

"Are you surprised?" Kate asked way past caring about her feelings or any other person feelings. "No she is not, she just didn't expect you to spill it out cruelly" Amara said. She had been listening to their argument for a while and she decided to chip in after the blow of hearing Joyce's secret act.

"You are right" joyce said after a while, "I sleep with beast for money but the one whom you call your boyfriend is the one with my nude pictures threatening to blackmail me, what should I have done? Refuse him so that you'd laugh me to scorn when you see the pictures or what?" She asked with growing annoyance. "I have seen the pictures already" Kate said quietly. "You did what?" Joyce and Amara both shouted.

"Yes I did, I would have told you but I was threatened. I am sorry" she said apologetically. "You don't have to be" Amara said, "funny enough, what we did was also for you, we did it for you to be free from his violent act, for you to be free from beatings. You always lie about your injuries but it is obvious that Damien is the one behind it!" Amara said with growing frustration.

"Do me the favour of keeping your mouth shut Amara" Joyce said quietly. With mouth agape, Amara turned to ask why but is silenced by the deadly stare from her. "You did this for yourself and not for anyone, you pulled me into it because you wanted to ruin Damien, you wanted to prove to him that you are higher than him, that you are better than him, that you are his boss toy girl. Do you even realize it, that you are his toy girl? No you don't but all you did was to drag me into this mess with you and Damien. You are no different from him" she said with bitterness.

"I wish nothing more than to hate you right now but I hate myself more because I was fooled by the both of you "my best friend with a blackmailer"" she said air quoteing the last part of her statement.

"So it is true", a voice said behind them and they froze with fear,in the heat of their argument and fight, they had didn't hear the sound of the door as Brenda comes in just to hear Joyce's confession about the pictures.

"Hi, how are you Brenda?" Amara asked with a shaky voice as she turned to face her. "I am fine but one thing is not really clear" she replied, going over to the chair to sit "What is it?" Amara asked trying to reduce the tensive atmosphere. "We are friends aren't we?" she asked "yes we are" Amara replied. "Then why do we go about backstabbing ourselves?" She asked with cold anger. Being the first time she would be seen this way, they all perceived trouble.

"Brenda, can you calm down and tell us what is going on?" Joyce said coming out of her shock. "You are the cause of my problem" she said pointing to Katherine. All eyes fell on Kate while she stared at the finger pointing at her. "Hold on, girlfriend, what exactly is going on?" Amara asked with true curiosity. "How did the fool you call your boyfriend know about me?" Brenda asked bitterly.

"About you? In what way, I don't understand, does he even know you?" Kate asked quietly. "He doesn't know her but he has his ways" Amara replied behind her. "You're just a pawn in his hands for him to get the information he needs about people" she said. "Are you talking about the fact of you being a victim of rape?" Joyce asked quietly with her face down. After some seconds of silence, she looked up to see Brenda pale face before she fainted.

"Brenda, Brenda . . . " They shouted. The room became chaotic as they tried reviving Brenda.
Few minutes later, Brenda regains consciousness but not yet fully out of shock. "How are you feeling, are you okay?" Kate asked concerned. "Yeah, I am fine, just a bit worn out" Brenda replied as she tried sitting up. "Calm down, you can just lie down" Amara said pushing her back to the bed.
"Don't worry, I am okay, you can just help me up" she replied. "Okay" Amara said as she helps her to a sitting position.

"Okay girls, we all have our secrets out now but how did you know about Brenda's case?" Amara asked looking at Joyce. "He told me", she said calmly, he said he would also blackmail her if I don't do all that he wants" Joyce replied to the surprise of the trio looking at her.

"I am not lying" she said looking frantically at the trio staring at her with mouth agape. "I am saying the truth, he told me about him hitting Kate, he told me about you being involved in a dark business. Why am I hiding it?" She asked rhetorically "he told me that you are his boss girlfriend and that you trick men to get him money and that is why you are always concerned about nothing but having good grades to boost your GP so that you will one day be free".

"I am sorry guys but the worst is that he threatened to take my pictures, I mean the nude ones with him and your information to the school press and you know what that means". She concluded bursting into tears. "It's okay, there is no point crying, it's not needed at all so just clean up that tears and listen to me" Brenda said.

"You guys should sit and let us think on what to do" she said. " Yes, he definitely needs to be taught a lesson he will never forget". Amara said "you have a point there, he must learn how dangerous it is to play girls and to hurt their feelings as if they are not more than toys".

"I know that he has wronged you guys, I mean all of us but please I beg you don't hurt him" Kate begged with tears in her eyes. "Are you crazy, or in a way of of your mind? Joyce asked with annoyance. "No, I am not crazy, I loved him, he is my first love, the first man I gave my heart to, do you have any idea what that means?"

"And do you have any idea of what it means to be raped almost to the point of death?" Brenda asked with strange calmness. Immediately, Kate quieted down. The effect of the words spoken by Brenda would not have been felt if she had shouted. "I. . .I am sorry Brenda" she sputtered rushing to her side. "I am sorry, I am sorry. . . . ." Kate said repeatedly as she burst into tears. Brenda hugged her tight and rocked her. "I understand how you feel but please understand me too, we have to look for a solution for you, for me, for us, for each and every one of us" she said laying emphasis on each word.

"It's okay, I understand, it won't be easy but I will do it for us and we will remain best friends forever" she smiling. "Yeah best friends forever" they echoed coming together to hug themselves. Deep down in Kate's heart she is not happy with the situation and she decides to look for a way out.

Three against one, what can Kate come me up with, is she about to make a drastic mistake or is she going to stick with the plan of teaching Damien a lesson? Drop your views and comment on this and don't forget to vote.