running

It's a school day, after breakfast the boys head off to R.A.D leaving you alone with Barbatos on watch once more. You're anxious, your stomach is filled with butterflies, you spend a good portion of your morning in the bathroom. You've chewed all your nails away by this point and have paced your room enough to where your feet begin to ache. You sit down at the table in your room. You have a feeling that tonight will probably be your last night here in Devildom. To bring your mind some peace you decide to write letters to each of the brothers, thanking them for being so kind and for letting you stay here with them. You even write one for Mammon to give to him tonight because, by the way Satan is talking, it doesn't sound like you'll get very much time with him.

The brothers come home before you know it, you've barely picked at your lunch that Barbatos has made for you a few hours before. You walk out of your room to meet up with the boys. Beel, Satan and surprisingly Levi is still hanging around the entrance. Once you enter the room, Levi quickly looks over at you. He runs towards you, pulling you into a hug, he squeezes you tightly. He must know. He lays his head on yours. He doesn't say a word, you don't either. The hug is all you really need for both of you to understand. You two stand there for a moment, he eventually whispers.

"I hope I'll get to see you again soon." his voice is very faint, so quiet that you barely heard him. You hug him tighter. He lets go before walking away, back to his room, to act as if nothing has happened. You look over at Beel and Satan for maybe an explanation but they've already went their separate ways. After all, can't act weird right now or the plans go up in smoke. You walk back to your room, once you get to the door, you really don't want to go in. Your hand doesn't want to reach for the doorknob nor even see that room you've been trapped in for days now. Then it hits you. No one around, no Barbatos, no Lucifer, no Beel or Satan or Levi or Asmo. You look back down the hall, you walk back down the hallway, you round a few corners and there it is. Mammon's room. You quickly grab the door knob and twist it. It's actually unlocked to your surprise. You open the door and walk in, closing the door gently behind you. It's a mess in here, more so than usual. Clothes, papers, trash everywhere. His car that usually sits up top is gone, his projector for his tv is still on, flickering ever so slightly. You walk up to it, navigating the messy floor.

You switch off the projector, it's hot, probably has been running this whole time. You look at his coffee table piled with Majolish magazines with issues that only contain him on the cover. You sit down on his couch, staring at the absolute disaster of a room he has, you sigh.

"So messy." you murmur to yourself, you grab a few of the magazines, neatly pile them together, picking up empty cups and wrappers to toss in the garbage. You hear footsteps coming down the hallway, you stand as still as possible. You listen, it's Satan and Lucifer.

"I found this record that Lord Diavolo might like but I would like your opinion on it before I gift it to him, Lucifer." Satan says casually.

"Why not ask Lord Diavolo yourself?" Lucifer responds.

"He'll take any gift you give him; I want him to actually enjoy this record." Satan's voice is getting quieter, they're moving away.

"Why are you giving gifts anyway? It's unlike you, is it cursed?" Lucifer is barely audible, after that statement you can't hear anything else. You open the bedroom door, peeking out, you better get out of there before someone finds you. You step out, closing the door behind you. If Satan is already talking to Lucifer about the record, that must mean he may be ready to give you the cue to run. Which means you better get ready. You walk back to your room, it's still a little early, not quite dusk. You pull on loose fit sweatpants, a t-shirt and tennis shoes. As you're pulling your hair back, situating it to keep it from your face you hear music start to play, your heart jumps. You quickly walk out of the bathroom, into your room. You listen for a moment, it's not your song. You make sure your letters to the brothers are sitting on the table, visible enough for anyone to find. You wait by your door. You try to map out in your head the path to the fountain you're supposed to be running to. Your mind can't seem to focus enough to make a clear plan in your head.