~~~

Miku watched a gleaming green dragon dance across the sky, entranced by the way it moved, almost as if it was swimming through the air. It was too elegant to be reality, which is how She knew it was Deku. Unfortunately, Deku had been right in his previous statements, and Miku didn't think it was a good idea to be late to her first day on the job.

She rushed into the room to see Sami sitting cross legged on the floor, which had been cleared of the blankets and pillows that previously occupied it. She was playing with her ring, twisting it around her finger. She looked up the second Miku stepped in the room and stood up with a smile. "Thank goodness. I thought that you'd ran away. Hurry up, we need to get to work."

Relief flooded through Miku's body as she realized she wasn't going to interrogate her about her whereabouts- Sami'd made her stance on Deku clear yesterday, and Miku didn't want to admit she had snuck out to meet him. Miku nodded and followed her out of the room and down the hallway.

At first, Miku had been worried about doing this kind of work, since she'd never done it before. However, she was pleased- and a little annoyed- to find out that the motions came naturally to her, as though she'd done this enough to do it in autopilot. Her skills were more rusty, than nonexistent, and that frustrated her to no end. It was yet another thing about this place that was familiar when shouldn't be.

Sami approached her after she was done scrubbing the floor. "You're pretty good at this, you know." She told her, offering her a cold glass of water. Miku waited for the "for someone who's never done this before", but it didn't come. Again, she entertained the idea that this whole thing had happened before, that the explanation for the déjà vu was that she had done this already. Instead of asking Sami if they'd met before, she noticed that her nails had changed colors since last night. "Did you paint your nails?" She asked, accepting the drink.

The red-haired girl looked down at her hand and laughed. "Everyone here has a bit of magic. Mine is my nails." She wiggled her fingers. "Unbreakable, and they change color at my every whim."

"Are you a spirit?" Miku asked.

"Am I a spirit..?" Sami repeated, amused. "No, that's not quite right." She paused, looking for the right words. "I'm more like a wandering soul. I was alive, once, and now I'm just not. No real power attached." Miku's heart sank. 'Was alive? But that means...'

"You're dead?" Miku blurted.

Sami, again, looked amused. "Yep. Don't be sorry, though. I don't remember anything from being alive, and I don't remember dying, so it's not like I have painful memori-" She cut herself off. "At least, not from being alive."

Miku's heart dropped straight to the ground. "Does that mean I'm..?"

Sami laughed loudly. "If you were dead, no one would be freaking out over your humanness, trust me. I was as human as could be, and no one's complaining about my smell. No offense." Miku raised her eyebrows. This girl was blunt- yet somehow still excellent at arranging her words to avoid certain subjects. "Now, off with you."

Miku continued on with her day (night?), finishing her duties quickly. She thought about how strange this entire situation was and wondered how she was so calm about it all. Currently, she was walking towards one of the exits to dump out some dirty water. 'I'm so tired of this déjà vu. It makes me feel like I'm running in circles.' She thought as she opened the door and spilled the water out. She felt the hairs on the back of her head raise.

She looked up to see that same spirit from the bridge outside. He had a mask on, covering his face, and a bright red cloak draping over his body. Miku inspected him. He, also, felt familiar to her. She looked back to the door. She knew she needed to get back to Sami, but she also didn't want to leave him out alone. "I'll leave the door open for you," She said, suddenly feeling awkward. "Sir." She tacked on the end, worried he was a patron of sorts. She gave a small bow and skirted back inside.