Rhaenyra finished off in a biting tone that dripped in venom, spinning around on her heels and stalked away from Thorin, not having any more energy left to deal with him or listen to anything that man had to say.

But a timid voice spoke her name before she could leave the dungeons and Rhaenyra, now confused, stopped and turned to where the sound had come from. Thorin's oldest nephew, Fili was casually leaning against the bars of his cell, his long dirty blond hair tussled up and his baby blue eyes looking at her innocently enough. He gestured to her with a motion of his hand for Rhaenyra to come closer, which she did with furrowed brows, wondering why he wanted to speak with her. 

"Defending your uncle?" She was quick to ask.

Fili shrugged his shoulders with a halfhearted laugh, the best reaction he was capable of performing in his current situation, "No, I will let his words speak for themselves, but I do want you to know that there are many of us in the Company who truly appreciate what you have tried to do for us, me among them."

Rhaenyra had to admit she was suspicious of Fili's intentions and what he was trying to do with his words, soothe her anger so that she would break them out of the dungeons with Drogon's help perhaps? But there was something in his eyes that spoke differently, she saw a sincere gratefulness. Seeing this made a smile appear and tug at the corner of Rhaenyra's lips and she sat down on the stone stairs just outside Fili's cell. The dwarf, happy that he had someone new to talk too and therefore welcomed Rhaenyra's company and tried to find a more comfortable position on the floor of his cell. 

"I mean it, what I just said."  Fili told her, watching Rhaenyra closely, trying to spot any shifts in her mood, "You have done so much for us and have not always been met with kind words or proper thanks after."

"Trying to make up for it, are you?" Rhaenyra was finding herself genuinely enjoying Fili's company. By far he was one of her favorite out of all the dwarves as there was a lot of things between them the other could relate too. Being the heir to a dynasty, feeling the pressure that comes with a crown and upholding the family name...

Fili laughed at her respone, "Depends on how you chose to see it. I just wanted to express my thanks to you."

"Glad someone in your family has manners." Rhaenyra smiled back at him before rising to stand on her feet again, brushing some dust away from her dress. "I don't know what will happen now, but if the opportunity rises for me to say something to King Thranduil, I will try my best to have at least him change his mind and release you from the dungeons."

Fili nodded, a silent thank you, before settling in deeper in his cell and closed his eyes to try and get some rest while he could. Rhaenyra left the dwarves then, hands clasped together and mind swirling with thoughts on how the future would unfold.

°

STANDING IN FRONT OF A MIRROR MUCH TALLER THAN HIMSELF, THRANDUIL SLOWLY LOWERED HIS CROWN AND RESTED IT UPON HIS HEAD. The crown made from thin, yet strong twigs, had small red berries and leaves growing from them, signifying what season they are in and mirroring the colors of the trees of Mirkwood forest. Thranduil had for the occasion donned heavy robes made from fabrics of different shades of silver, golden trimmings sewn along the edges. He also had several different rings on both of his hands, the gemstones had calm and soft colors. Thranduil looked very much like a King of Elves and for just a moment he saw a picture of his own father Oropher swim before his eyes. 

Thranduil didn't remember much of his own father, only that his mother had always said they looked much like each other. Both of them tall elves with long straight hair that shone like silver when hit by light and both had eyes that were blue like ice, cold and unforgiving. Yet those stone cold eyes were capable of melting when looking at someone or something they love, they had the ability to thaw up and be warm and caring.