Chapter 15

Younghoon POV

Weeks later

"Papers after papers.. When will all this end?" I told Hyunjae, who was assisting me with all the paperwork. "What can you do? You're already a King. You should be expecting this." Hyunjae said. "But what can I do.. All I ever wanted when I become King was to live a chill life, not a stressful one, to even begin with." I said. "If only Changmin was here.." I said, softly as Hyunjae looked at me.

"Come on, let's quickly finish all this so we can go to Jacob's place." Hyunjae said.

2 hour later

We rested for a short while after finishing all the paperwork. We took a quick shower, changed into something comfortable, and went to Jacob's house.

When we reached, we knocked on the door and immediately, Chanhee and Kevin pulled us in, locking the door.
"What happened to you two?" Hyunjae asked, concerned.

"Well.... The thing is.." Jacob hesitated before saying. "We found Hyunjoon-ie..." and Hyunjae immediately said, "Where is he?!"

"Woah relax.... The thing is-" Juyeon paused, while I saw Sunwoo standing up from the couch, making a 'tch' sound, almost as if stating that they were taking too much time. "He's fucking back in Alta. To be exact, in the dungeon." Sunwoo said. That was when Hyunjae fell on his knees. Haknyeon and Jacob went to Hyunjae quickly, checking if he was alright, which obviously he wasn't. 

"And the only dungeon i can think of is the palace dungeon..which we have went there by accident." Eric said. "What do you mean 'by accident'?" I asked. "Well... It was when we were young. We wanted to sneak into the palace...and so we did. We wanted to suprise Changmin, and so we did. There was an entrance at the side of the palace gates, and there was no guards, which was perfect for a snuck in time." Eric said when Sangyeon suddenly cut him off, saying, "Wait hold on...who went as well?" 

"Me, Eric, Hwall, Haknyeon, Chanhee. So basically, it was around late afternoon as well when we snucked in. And 'FYI', it was our third time going to Changmin's house...so we weren't familiar with the whole place itself. A few minutes of walking around, we went down the stairs, thinking it could lead to Changmin's room..but nope, it lead to the dungeon. And what we saw was horrifying. We saw some corpse, and some people behind bars... It almost left like they were being tortured. There were some people, blood seeping down from their faces, as they were shouting at us, asking us to let them go, although we were just kids. Some of the alive people were eating other people's skin.. For survival purposes. That was after when Changmin's current mother became queen. We all screamed and that was when the queen came down, seeing us. She exclaimed, "What are you all doing here?! Go back this instant!" and we all ran away. We ran to Changmin's room and told him everything. Suprisingly, he already knew about everything." Sunwoo said, everyone, especially from Alta, shivered, remembering their past in the dungeon.

"No way.... No.. Did Changmin? No that can't be.. But Hyunjoonie- is he fine? Please tell me he's fine. Anyone, please. Someone. Just say he's fine. Please, that 2 words only." Hyunjae said, tears coming out. He was having a breakdown, yet no one could also reply to what he said. Instead, Haknyeon and Jacob carried him to their room, to let him calm down and or maybe let him rest.

"We obviously know Changmin couldn't have done that. And his father as well. So the last person is the Queen herself." Eric said. "So now you know why he really wanted to leave Alta and why we decided to risk that?" Eric said. "She's a witch." Jacob said.

"Exactly." Sunwoo agreed. "So... What should we do?" Sangyeon asked. "I'm calling Changmin."I said and dialed Changmin while entering Kevin's room and shutting it. At first, he didn't pick up, but that wasn't going to stop me from not calling. I basically spammed call him until he picked up, sounding annoyed.