05

ahreum.

we were eating dinner and i noticed how tense my brother looked like while looking at my dad and then to his food. it was as if he wanted to say something but he can't.

"okay, stop this jaehyuk. what is it that you would like to tell me? did you fail a subject?"  dad asked jaehyuk.

"no, i... well, my friends-" dad choked on his own food as he started coughing. jaehyuk handed him a glass of water while i started patting my dad's back while laughing.

i knew he would be surprised, even i was surprised. my brother never really mentioned that he had friends before and it was new to us.

"you have friends now? that's new!" my dad dramatically gasped, making me laugh and jaehyuk pout.

"yes and they want to visit here." dad stopped as he looked at jaehyuk seriously.

"w-well i know you're against it, of course. we can't just put ahreum's health at risk." jaehyuk said and looked down.

"okay." dad said as we looked at him.

"what?"

"they can come here. they're the first friends you had and i want you to be a normal teenager who hangs out with friends. just make sure they don't come close to your sister." dad smiled. jaehyuk beamed as i sulked.

i want to have friends too!

but i'm also happy for him. he had always been so focus to me that's why he never bothered doing something fun with other people. he deserves a break.

"and you know the rules if someone wants to enter here,right? first..."

"they should take a bath or be clean first before they can enter."

"second?"

"they have to wear white clothes so dirt or anything would be visible."

"third?"

"they have to be sanitized at the lobby before entering the living room."

dad smiled as nodded. "good. now, let me finish my supper quietly."