04

third person.

"hey jaehyuk, you're neighbors with junkyu right?" hyunsuk asked jaehyuk who was busy reviewing. jaehyuk looked up and nodded. "yeah, why?" he asked.

"you were junkyu hyung's new neighbor? so does that mean the girl we saw last time was your sister?"

jaehyuk furrowed his eyebrows. how did they know about his sister? how did they saw her? did she went outside?

"how did you know about my sister?" he asked them as everyone looked at junkyu, who lean and dramatically held his chest. "why are you guys looking at me?" he asked them.

"well, junkyu hyung kind of saw her looking at the window so he gave her a smile but she quickly closed the curtains, which confused us." yedam explained as jaehyuk nodded, understanding what happened. "she's really awkward with strangers." he explained as everyone nodded their head.

"so what's her name?" junkyu asked as everyone looked at him, judging his existence- well, his intentions. he shrugged. "i'm just curious. what the hell?" he told them. "and she was cute." he whispered but audible enough for mashiho to hear. mashiho choked on his own food as he started laughing.

"what's wrong with you?" jihoon asked their laughing friend but mashiho just shook his head and waving his hand while laughing. "seriously, this kim junkyu." he thought.

"ahreum." jaehyuk answered making everyone turn to him. "hmmm?" yoshinori hummed.

"her name is ahreum." he answered.

"why do i not see her outside?" junkyu asked as all eyes landed on him. "i mean the only person i see entering and leaving your house is you and your dad."

"she..." jaehyuk hesitated, debating if he should them or not, but everyone was all ears so he has no choice. "she can't go outside." what jaehyuk said leave everyone confused.

"i'm sorry hyung, what?" haruto asked.

"she can't go outside because she's sick. like sick sick. she has this illness called SCID and her immune system is really weak, so weak that it can't even fight mild infections. so she stays home to stay safe and stay alive." everyone in the table fell into a deep silent.

"that's... really sad." yoshinori said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"hey! why don't we pay her a visit!" doyoung suggested as jaehyuk gave him a disapproving look.

"no. no." he said.

"it's so lonely being all alone and she needs friends like us, you know?" doyoung smiled cheekily as everyone agreed, liking the idea.

jaehyuk did not know how to reject his friends because he did not want them to feel bad... but he can't just put his sister at risk.

"i have to tell my dad of he's okay with it." he said.

"hyung, if your dad says we can't befriend her at least we should hang out at your place. i've always wanted to enter a house made of glass before!" junghwan exciting said as they furrowed their eyebrows to their youngest.

"what? don't judge me! i'm a curious child and something like this is one of my dreams, okay?"