20 | Precious To Me

Mulai dari awal

"Oh," Jungkook gets the cherry out of his tongue's way.  "They always offer but I make enough for myself through YouTube. I mean, lately I haven't been uploading videos but... I still make enough to pay for rent, groceries and whatnot."

Minji is extremely satisfied with the answer, crossing her arms over the table. Jungkook can hear her go see? even without her having to say it.

"People do enjoy having their own life," she shrugs, mostly at Yoongi.

There's clearly a deep matter of contention in here. Jungkook tries getting a word out of Jin by sending him secret signs with his eyes, but there the obnoxiously loud Jin is, close of shouting as he blurts. "Same ol' siblings fight. Better start getting used to it."

At that, Jungkook gapes.

"Siblings?"

"Well, twins."

"What?!"

The music makes up for the silent stares that are passed in the table for the next awkward seconds, but Yoongi bursts into a humble laughter soon enough to break it, Jin following right after him, Minji watching him with a dazzled smile.

Jungkook is shocked.

"You didn't know?" Yoongi asks amused, shaking his head questioningly. 

"How was I supposed to know?" Jungkook exclaims, unable to stop looking back and forth between the two to spot any similarities. He does see a bit of resemblance in the eyes and the face shape, but that's pretty much it! Yoongi has an origami face: miniature and mature-looking, meanwhile Minji... hm. Okay, he sees where she got the petite features as well, but the lips! She has lips that scream look at me!. Jungkook doesn't know how else to describe it. 

Same lips stretch into a big grin.

"I got 'em done, sweetie."

Jungkook meets a playful wink in Minji's eyes.

He suppresses a shriek, immediately looking away. 

This girl... she has the audacity to flirt in front of his brother! Jungkook, on the other hand, a-hundred-per-cent doesn't. Especially if said brother is Yoongi.

Jin is laughing at the little interaction, peeking at Yoongi who is shaking his head and chanting she'll never stop.

He must have had enough at this point.

For the next half an hour, Jungkook listens to the wondrous adventures of the Min Siblings. He is the cause if they talk (or bicker) too much because he is the one throwing all these questions at them but he doesn't feel one bit guilty. It's endearing to watch their dynamics, for the first time from the family perspective. Jungkook is laughing half of the time, hiding his mouth behind his hand to not come across as annoying. Jin, differently, is immune to the fun with the exposure he must have had to their siblingship over the years.

What's intriguing is that Jungkook does remember noticing soft interactions between the two, but never the blatant atting at each other. The setting of a formal club might have kept them contained but there is too much rave going on to be contained that well! Minji apparently got herself a private dorm room and refused to live off of Yoongi, her mother or grandmother as soon as they came to Gidae from their little village, getting herself jobs at bars to pay for her living expenses. 

Questionable jobs... by the look of Yoongi's irritation. 

Jungkook presses his lips to hold back a suggestive smile, turning his head the other way so that he can keep himself under control. Jin is laughing under his breath too, tipsy from the two cups he's had already.