Episode 44:Confused Conversation

The news of Loraz being pregnant spread like a wildfire in the dry season. She spent her days idle in her room as she was told that her stress levels were too high, and she needed rest. Her mind raced with various things all day long the longer she was forced to stay cooped up in her bed.

Restless, she opened the door to her room and was ready to storm out for some fresh air and a change of scenery, but to her surprise she found Robert standing there, his hand in position to knock.

"Robert!"

She jumped back and held her chest, her breath caught in her throat.

He stood there and watched as she made her way back towards the bed. Her face flushed and she was grabbing at the shirt of her dress. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed then walked into her room and said,

"Where do you think you are off to now?"

Loraz took a deep breath and released it slowly then turned around to face him. Her cheeks still a bit hot she looked him in the eyes and smiled a bit, a nervous tickle in the back of her throat crawled up from her belly as she answered,

"I was just going to take a walk. The fresh air would do me some good. Besides, this room has started to look like a cell. Am I a prisoner now?"

He walked up to her and placed his hand on each side of her face and kissed her forehead. Then placing his forehead onto hers he watched as she pouted. A smile crossed his lips and he said,

"The physician said you needed to stay in bed and rest. I understand how you must feel trapped in this room, but we must make sure you don't do anything that can put a strain on your body. Now come, I will lay next to you so that you can sleep."

She pressed on his chest and forced him to look at her properly. Her hand reached for the collar of his shirt, and she pulled him down to her.

"I can't stay in this room any longer, Robert. I'm going crazy just sitting here left with my thoughts most of the day."

Prying her fingers off his shirt he chuckled a bit then coughed awkwardly as he freed himself and fixed his shirt.

"Does this have to do with rescuing Vest? I told you that everything would be taken care of, do you not believe me?"

Loraz sighed and sat down on the bed. Her arms crossed over her chest she looked down at her feet and thought about how many days it had been since Vestin had left. After being gone for so long it could only be assumed that he was more than likely dead by now, although part of her hoped she was not right. It was that little voice of hope that kept her wanting to think of a way to bring him back to her and to his loyal soldiers who were lucky enough to survive.

"That's part of it. I understand that at the moment I can't do much, but he needs me, and I am powerless to give him help."

Robert raised his brow and looked at her face. Eye red from crying and dark circles from lack of sleep. On the table next to the window was a plate of hardly touched food. He sighed the thought had crossed his mind several times after they had announced to each other that they wanted to be together, but he kept pushing the voice to the back of his head. The fact was that there was a piece of her heart that would always be with Vestin, no matter how much she gave him her body, mind, and soul he would never hold her heart completely as his own.

"Do you still have feelings for him? Even as you carry our child you still pine over another man?"

Loraz looked up at him, her eyes wide as the tone of his voice deepened. She watched as he clutched his fist at his side and began shaking a bit. His eyes never left her face as they pierced a hole into her very sole.