Chapter 13: A Reunion of All Sorts

Start from the beginning

It all feels so surreal, watching a battle going on. I used to think these kinds of things only happened in movies and other countries, but now I'm caught in the middle of it. Sending a quick prayer to that unknown guy who died, I sprint forward now, trying to get to Katara and Aang before some form of attack finds me.

Finally, I come to the little wooden door, then step through it, finding that I have to bend my body to go through. Immediately, I'm given the impression that I've just entered a new world. The sight that greets me leaves me gasping in pleasant surprise - a small but lush garden with a pond sits snugly between two ice cliffs, surrounded by calm water. The whole place has a very peaceful and inviting feel to it, but that's not the best part.

 The whole place has a very peaceful and inviting feel to it, but that's not the best part

The best part is that this place is warm. It feels like I've just stepped back into the town that was celebrating the Fire Day's Festival, a week ago. Yet this place is supposed to be the North Pole!

"Woah. What is this place?" I mutter while drinking in the sight of this Shangri-la. The tiny garden is surrounded by a warm mist created by the waterfall behind it. There are all kinds of flora on the little piece of land, giving an illusion that we're in a tropical forest. And standing on the island is-

"Aang! Sokka!" I call out excitedly. Then an explosion goes off somewhere behind me, and the smile on my face drops slightly. Sokka looks up when he hears me calling and breaks into a huge grin, but doesn't look surprised. Katara must've announced my arrival when I was sleeping. Katara smiles at me from behind her brother, but Aang remains motionless with his eyes closed, sitting cross-legged in front of the small pond on the island. Something weird is going on - I can see the blue tattoos on his head and arms glowing with a blindingly white light.

The pretty girl who led me here waves at them, apparently familiar, then leads me to a quaint little bridge that connects to the island

The pretty girl who led me here waves at them, apparently familiar, then leads me to a quaint little bridge that connects to the island. "Thanks," I tell her while running across the bridge and straight into Sokka.

Sokka "oof"s in surprise when I hug him, then returns the hug. The relief and curiosity is obvious in his voice. "Welcome back, Luna!"

I laugh giddily in response and release Sokka. He opens his mouth to ask something but Katara beats him to it. "Are you feeling better?" She asks.