The Scientist (A Larry Oneshot)

So basically i just have a lot of feels right now. So i wrote this.

It's sort of based on The Scientist by Coldplay. The chorus relates a lot though.

It is a little bit of Larry but not a lot. but it still revolves around mainly Harry and Louis.

CAUTION: IMPLIES DEPRESSION AND SELF HARM

*TRIGGERING*

NOTE: DO NOT COMMENT SAYING: "THIS WAS SAD :(((" BECAUSE IT MAKES ME VERY MAD THERE ARE WARNINGS ABOUT SELF HARM AND DEPRESSION SO PLEASE DONT STATE THE OBVIOUS I WILL DELETE YOUR COMMENT (not really but please dont.) say something intelligent and deep. :)

~~~

They've drifted.

Harry could tell.

Louis and him hung out less and the only times they'd see each other were when they had and interview or when they were recording or a concert.

Harry thought nothing of it at first. They'd be fine. They always were.

Louis' birthday came along and of course there was a massive party. Harry brought Nick along, who was quite eager to spend time with one of his best friends.

When they showed up, Harry handed Lou his present, which he had spent so so long on deciding it and he knew Lou would absolutely love. Louis just muttered a thanks and went off to greet the other guests.

It wouldn't have hurt  if Louis had spared a glance in Harry's direction but no. He simply took the present, set it down on a table, and walked away.

Simple as that.

Harry wasn't one to cry. Instead, he downed a lost number of shots until the pain numbed.

He ended up not being able to walk straight and Nick had to drive him home before they had even brought out the cake. 

Days passed and still Louis and Harry hadn't spoken in the slightest. Even in interviews, Louis had progressively inched away from Harry until he was as far as possible.

Harry didn't understand.

They were best friends. They were supposed to have laughs at stupid things. Watch movies and make fun of the cheesy lines. Talk about, well, anything.

Like best friends do.

Because they were best friends.

Weren't they?

Harry began to doubt it. Just in the slightest, the tiniest part of his brain thought Louis didnt want him there anymore. He didn't want to think about it because it just quite frankly hurt.

Harry's doubts were confirmed when Harry's birthday had rolled around.

He had requested not having a party. He just wasn't in the mood. The boys had tweeted, texted, called, and come by his flat to give him presents and enjoy a few slices of cake. But not Louis. He hadn't called or texted. Not even a tweet. He had been in Paris with Eleanor. But call Harry selfish, he had at least expected a text. 

It hadn't escaped the fans attention that Louis was yet to congratulate him. Especially not the Larry shippers.

It hadn't escaped the other boys attention either. So when Niall brought it up, Harry didn't realize how obviously distant they'd become.

"So what did Lou get ya mate?" Niall had said it nonchalantly, not realizing what it would trigger inside Harry's brain.

Harry froze. He hadn't expected anyone to bring it up. It ran through his brain a few thousand times before his eyes teared up.