thirteen.

"Fuck, Elizabeth." Justin groaned, rubbing his eyes. He scanned the room, pizza boxes, drink cartons everywhere. "Elizabeth, we're gonna be late for school."

She yawned, sitting up to see the mess surrounding them both. Standing up, she moved around to wake her limbs up. "There's an hour until school. We aren't late." She had gone upstairs, looking for an outfit for school. As she began getting dressed, she heard Justin call out for her. "El, I'm going home. I'll be back for you in 20 minutes."

She mentally noted what he had said, finishing her hair and packing any text books she needed, finally going downstairs to find some lunch. She made sandwiches, fruit, other little snacks for the day. And Justin had returned. "Hey, El."

"Hey, I made you a lunch." She spoke, handing him a lunch box. He grinned and nodded, shoving it into his backpack. "¡Vamos!"

Justin and Elizabeth were in the car and listening to music, parking in the schools parking lot. As they approached the double doors, there were all eyes on them. Or her? She felt intimidated but walked inside anyway, and plastered on every locker was a picture. She approached a locker, getting closer to the picture. It was her and Justin; at the docks yesterday. Someone had taken a picture and spread it around, making it into something it's not. She ran to her locker, away from Justin, and caught sight of the large red word painted onto her locker.

'SLUT'

She heard people calling her name, but she ignored them, and made her way back to her car. She had locked herself in, placing her head onto the wheel and crying. The whole school now labelling her as a slut for being comforted by a friend. But there was no point trying to explain what happened, nobody will change their mind. Who in the hell had done this?

She heard a knock on her window, rolling it down to talk to whoever it was. She saw Bryce. Before she could roll her window back up he stopped her. "Elizabeth, I saw what happened. And I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? Did you do it?" She questioned, looking up at him. "Who the fuck did this?"

"I don't know," he spoke, holding his hands up. "But I know you aren't, the picture must have been taken out of context. Don't worry, if I hear anyone say anything, I'll shut them down." Bryce smiled at her.

She returned the smile, but a glint of sadness still evident. "Thanks, Bryce."

"What the fuck are you doing?" Justin approached the car. "Get away from her." He pushed Bryce away from the car, Elizabeth getting out of her car to stop him. She pulled him away from Bryce, placing both hands on his cheeks to face her.

"He wasn't doing anything wrong, he was saying he would help me clear this up." She stated. Justin's expression hadn't changed, there was still an angry tension.

"He doesn't just help, for no reason." He whispered, Bryce was watching them as they spoke. "Stay away from him, please El." She nodded, watching Bryce walk away and rejoining his group. She followed Justin back into the corridors, right before the bell rang.

"I'll see you later, El."

"See you."