Chapter 1 - Hate, Kuroo and Tsukishima

Start from the beginning

Before answering, Coach Naoi coughed, settling himself before standing straight.

"Come over here." he waves, calling someone from his side.

Nekoma volleyball boys stop on what ever they're doing. Heads all turning to the entrance as two huge figures cast long shadows across the gym - it completely caught their attentions.

"Oh! OH!" So Inuoka, first year middle blocker, gasps, flickering his eyes on his first year teammates - with same reaction as him - then back to the two tall boys who stood next to their assistant coach. "You two!" he obviously had these tall first years' names at the tip of his tongue but he really forgot it.

"The half-Russian from class 2!" Yuki Shibayama, first year libero, pointed on the grey haired boy. He doesn't have his name too but he had his description, incase it would help Inuoka. Same as the first years, the team noticed him first because of his foreign features, domineering height and his exceptionally long arms and legs.

"Oh~" Teshiro Tamahiko, the first year setter, nodded then frowns trying to dig if he really heard his name.

"Haiba Lev!" the half-Russian boy cheerfully exclaimed, stepping inside the gym and bowed 90 degrees at them.

"Oh yah..." the first years nodded multiple times, finally they had his name.

"Nice to meet you!" Lev added, huge smile on his face.

Everyone nodded few times, amazed to his appearance but not long enough, their attentions easily steal by the next boy. When he stepped inside the gym, they finally see his face. Realization strikes them, the third years' eyes widened, looking at the boy then to each other - he reminds them of someone they know.

Silence spread out until Yaku snaps his fingers - he had his identity first.

"Woah, woah, WOAH!" He claps his hands, throwing his head back in a booming laugh.

The libero's reaction becomes the basis of Kuroo and Kai. Without a doubt, they had his identity too.

"So this is what our previous captain meant by his 'huge comeback', huh." Kai snickered, shaking his head down.

"Just give me a year, I'll have my huge comeback!" that words flashes on the third years head. It was said by their previous captain when they were still at their first year.

"Unbelievable." Kuroo smirks, crossing his arms over his chest as Kenma, next to him, frowns lightly - with his quick mind, he had a certain guess on this boy's identity

He who made the third years' expressions turn to incredulity, has a blonde hair and eyeglasses - the things that made him differ from their previous captain, Akiteru Tsukishima. But with his pale skin and facial features, there's no doubt he is his little brother.

Not long enough, Taketora Yamamoto and Fukunaga Shohei did recognized the unnamed first year as well. After looking and observing him carefully, someone's name pops on their heads. Not Akiteru Tsukishima but someone else who they see more often and know better than the third years' former captain. Unlike the the third years and Kenma who recognized the blonde boy with his resemblance to Akiteru's physical features, the two based their conclusion on what they'd sensed. The boy reminded them when they first met this someone, they have same intense gaze and intimidating aura.

"A Tsukishima!" Tora positively exclaimed, all smile at the boy as Fukunaga just hummed to agree.

"Ah... y-yes... Kei Tsukishima." the blonde boy supplied, he stammers but his voice was a bit cold. He did a small bow to the coach and then to the team and when he straightened up, a condescending smirk appeared on his face, sending it specifically to Nekoma's captain who was giving him the same smirk. "Nice to meet you."