Chapter 16 : Ready...Set...Collect!

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me, but are you travellers going to enter the forest?" the man asked.

"Yes, we are. Why do you ask?" (Y/N) answered.

"Ah, I see. Well, I'll have to see your Stampbooks and examine your belongings to make sure that you didn't bring anything that might be harmful to the forest's natural resources. We wouldn't want the precious items situated there to be damaged before they are claimed, after all." the man explained.

(Y/N) and the boys looked at each other, then they nodded at the man, giving him their Stampbooks and letting him check their bags and pockets. He then gave them multicolored bracelets.

"Um, what are these?" Haruto asked, examining the bracelet before putting in on his wrist.

"Ah, those bracelets are going to be helping you during your time inside the forest. They have special magic sensors and they can detect magical items nearby. These can also notify us staff whether you're in trouble or not. These can only be used within the forest's area though, and you'd have to return them to us after you're done." the man explained once again.

"I see, I see. Thank you, sir!" (Y/N) said as she then gestured for the boys to go inside the forest with her.

"Uwah~ this forest's pretty huge, isn't it?" Kouta remarked, looking around the lush greenery surrounding them. An idea then popped inside his head.

Kouta suddenly let out a loud yell, startling the others and causing some birds which were nestled in some of the trees to fly away because of the sudden noise. Riku then bashed his fist against Kouta's head, his eye twitching in irritation.

"Oi, you dumbass! Why did you do that!?" Riku asked the brown-haired Fighter who was crouching on the ground, clutching his head in pain.

"W-Well...I just wanted to test out if my voice will make an echo...haha..." Kouta sheepishly answered, which made Riku rub his temples.

"U-Um...Kouta-kun..." Katsumi called out. "E-Echos don't work in forests like this..." he said with a sweatdrop. Haruto and (Y/N) were behind them, trying their best not to laugh while Shinobu just stared at them with his usual emotionless expression, but he was doing a sweatdrop, too.

Kouta recovered from the hit and stood up, and looked up with a sheepish smile. "Ah, is that so? My bad, haha!!" he then stuck his tongue out playfully.

Before Riku could scold the green-eyed male even more, (Y/N) cleared her throat, and clasped her hands together. "Okay, everyone! Let's focus! I'm hoping we could at least get a lot of useful items before sundown!"

"Eh? What about lunchtime?" Kouta asked, looking a bit disappointed.

"Hm...I'm pretty sure there are some food in here, too! We just have to be innovative and resourceful!" (Y/N) said, smiling widely.

Haruto placed his hand on his chest and he let out a dramatic sigh. "Ah, that's my (Y/N)-chan~ Always so open-minded and thoughtful~"

The group then continued on, and after some time, their bracelets started blinking lights.

"Oh, there must be something good around here!" (Y/N) said, looking around. She then started walking around the area, waving her wrist around to check where the detected item, or items, were.

The others did the same, but then Katsumi's bracelet started to flicker quicklier, and he beamed.

"U-Um, everyone? I think I found something here..." he trailed off when he looked behind him, because everyone was gone.

Reincarnated [X Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara