Chapter 4

I shake my head as I exit the movie theater. Instead of shopping, Bella wanted to catch a movie instead. She picked some zombie movie that wasn't even good.

"I don't know why you want to sit through all those zombies eating people and no hot guys kissing anybody. It's gross...Like why are there so many zombie movies anyway? Cause if it's supposed to, like, draw a parallel about leprosy, my cousin had leprosy, okay? It's not funny, you know?" Jessica rambles as we walk down the sidewalk. "And like is it supposed to be a metaphor for consumerism? Because don't be so pleased with your own, like, self-referential cleverness? Some girls like to shop. Not all girls apparently. Although I was surprised you even called at all. Like you're depressed, I get it. I'm like totally worried but after a while it's like you're still bumming and I'm going through stuff too. And Mike said he just wants to be friends and it's hard..."

I roll my eyes walking past the alley. I glance over to see a group of guys on some motorcycles. Bella puts her hand out to stop me from walking as one of the guys calls out to us. I glance over at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Bella?" I whisper.

"I want to see something

"I want to see something." She says, walking toward the men.

"Bella, no!" I call out.

She gets on the back of the motorcycle and the guy rides off. I look over at Jessica who crosses her arms and sighs.

"What is up with her?" She asks.

"I have no idea. But I don't like it." I mumble, before sitting down on the sidewalk.

I let Jessica ramble about her problem with Mike, nodding when I have to. It ain't for another ten minutes that Bella and the guy ride back up to his friends. I quickly stand up and run over to her as she walks up toward us. I quickly pull her in for a hug which she accepts.

"What the hell was that about?" I whisper, holding her close.

"I...I don't know. I saw something." She whispers against my neck.

I sigh and pull from the hug.

"Come on. Let's go home." I take her arm and pull her back up to Jessica.

"You. Are. Insane! Or suicidal!" Jessica freaks out slightly.

"It's okay. She saw something and-" Jessica cuts my sentence off.

"So, what, you're like an adrenaline junky now? Go hang-gliding or bungee-jumping. Don't get on a stranger's motorcycle." She rolls her eyes and walks to her car.

I walk Bella back over to her truck and I drive her home while she stares out the window. She runs straight inside while I stay in her truck. I grab my phone and call Jasper. He picks up on the first ring.

"Hello, my dearest. How are you on this wonderful night?" He asks, happily.

I giggle and shake my head.