Chapter Two.

Aaliyah

I left the building, walking out of the front door. I threw my skateboard down on the hard cement, and hopped on it. I began skating down the side walk, feeling the numerous tears falling onto my cheeks. I dodged the people trying to walk by, hoping I wouldn't hit anybody and I went directly to an Abandon Ally.

When I finally got there, I threw my Skateboard onto the ground and flopped down beside the Graffiti painted walls. I began to cry harder, as I thought about everything that happened to me in the past. I hated thinking about it, and whenever anyone reminded me, it stung me in the chest.

One thing that really bugged me was thinking about my father. I hated to think about when I stood there, in the living room as a helpless three year old watching my father beat my mother to near death. You could hear the screams and her crying from miles away and there was nothing that I could've done to help her. And if there was my mom stopped me for the fact that he would hurt me, too.

Almost everyday this happened to her, until one day she finally fought back and got the police involved. And in the blink of an eye, I never saw him again. The memory of it really made me cringe my teeth—it made me angry. If I ever saw him again, I would feel like I would want to kill him myself. I was too ashamed to even be the same Ethnicity as him, and I would never say he was the Biological man that made me, ever. The only people I ever told about this was Dalilah, Daniel, Alfonso and well my ex-friend Mariah.

Mariah, the girl who betrayed me. I always thought she was my best friend, I told her everything, and I thought I could trust her—I thought she actually cared. Turns out, she was just playing along with one of Crystal's jokes. She turned around, and told everyone about my past. Stepping into that school from then was never the same. People always thought it was funny, and that it was okay to bully me. I fought back sometimes, but after a while of fighting you get tired.

I told myself not to think about all the irrelevant things, anymore. I pulled out my phone to see that it was two thirty. There was no point in going back to school anymore, since school ended at three. I got up and strectched, feeling much better. I grabbed my skateboard and began walking down the street. It seemed like more traffic and people had come out since this morning. When I arrived at my apartment, I walked in and threw my shoes by the door. I looked over to see my mother cooking, she looked at me as if she were surprised.

"Mija, you're home early again." She said as she looked at me. "I thought we talked about this."

"Bad day." I mumbled as I kicked my shoes off. "It's nothing different."

"You are going to have bad days sometimes, but that doesn't mean you need to leave school." She frowned.

"I have a bad day, everyday." I said as began to walk upstairs.

I rolled my eyes and walked into my bedroom, closing the door. I jumped onto my bed and looked out of the window at the city that I lived in. I adored the Grafitti covered walls, all the hispanic thugs and gangsters walking around, and all the things they did for me. I was well known in "the streets," since I had been under Carlos for so long. I gained much respect in our community, which is something that I appreaciated the most.

If only it could be that way at school.

____________________

Dalilah

Daniel walked into the classroom and I rolled my eyes. Even though he was one of my closest friends, I always thought that he was a complete idiot. I never understood why Aaliyah liked him, either. Even though I did think he was an idiot I wish he would cut out his immature games and get with Aaliyah.

Anyone could tell that they liked each other. It didn't take much to notice.

"Where did Aaliyah go?" He asked me as he sat down. "Do you know?"

"I didn't know that she left." I said.

"Yeah, she did earlier." He said. "You would know if you weren't too busy making out with that stupid Chavala boyfriend of yours."

Daniel and Jake hated each other over some stupid altercation in fifth grade. I don't remember what actually happened, but I didn't really care. I think that the both of them could've moved on a long time ago, but that was between them two.

"It's not like your walking dog of a girlfriend is any better." I snarled at him. "She's probably the reason why Aaliyah left earlier.

He looked away and didn't say anything. "I knew it." I shook my head. "I bet you didn't even do anything about it."

"Aaliyah had already loosened one of her teeth." He said.

"It's about time." I chuckled.

I pulled out my cell phone so I could call Aaliyah and make sure that she was alright. Unfortunately, she didn't answer and I sighed and put my phone back up. I guess I would have to wait until school was over.

Until then, I would be giving Daniel hell.