Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Riley

I was running for a long while in the streets, but I didn't even know where I was going. I was exhausted, so I stopped and fell to the ground. When I looked behind me, I didn't see them anymore. I sighed in relief. I guess that I was safe for right now, but I didn't know if I could be sure about that.

I looked around for any sign to tell me where I was. I noticed a street sign from a distance that told me I was close to Manors Court. That's where Jenny and Nichole lived. I didn't think I would run this far. I got up off of my knees, brushed myself off and started walking again. I felt a little bit paranoid, but I shook it off after I knew nobody was following me.

Since I was close to Nichole's house, it didn't take me long to get there. As I walked towards her front door, I felt in my pocket for my phone but it wasn't there. I huffed in aggravation, shaking my head and knocking on the door. I had probably lost it while running from Anthony. Just great.

After a few minutes, nobody answered the door so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I twisted the doorknob, and surprisingly, it wasn't even locked. "Great Security." I mumbled as I walked in. 

Everything in the house was pretty much the same as it had been all the years I came over here. I reminisced all the fun times we spent in the living room while her parents were gone. I looked at the pictures of her and her family hanging on the wall. Their family seemed so normal, unlike mines that didn't even feel like a family. I felt like we were all just a bunch of friends living together.

Anyways, I walked into the hallway and—

"Oh my gosh!" Nichole screamed.

We bumped into each other. I covered her mouth so she wouldn't wake her parents up. "Shut up, Nichole!" I whispered loudly.

She moved my hand from her mouth and shot me an evil glare. "What are you doing here, Riley?" She inquired. "It's one o'clock in the morning! Are you crazy?"

"Listen, I just had an altercation with Anthony." I said in a low tone. "He's pulling off his plan, tonight! We need to leave and get Jenny before he gets to her!"

Her eyes widened, "What are we gonna do?"

"Get your stuff, so we can hurry up and leave." I said. "I don't know how long ago they stopped chasing me. When I stopped, I was near your house. It wouldn't take them long to get to Jenny's mansion."

"Riley, I can't leave my family." She shook her head.

"I left mines, and you're going to have to, too." I said. 

"Are we going to come back?" 

"Probably not, Nichole." I shook my head. "We need to be with Carlos and the gang for a while. I'm not sure where they would take us."

"I don't know." She said.

"Nichole, we don't have any time to be making decisions like this right now!" I whispered loudly. "I promise you, you're gonna see your family again, but we have to go now, Nichole!"

"Alright, alright."

We rushed down the hallway and into her bedroom. We grabbed some bags and suitcases and began stuffing all of her belongings in them. It didn't take us long to do so, only because we were rushing. Afterwards, we left the room and I closed the door behind her. We quickly rushed out of the house and down the street to Jenny's mansion. I looked over and saw that she was giving off a timid expression.