Chapter 2: Heartbreak

I kept running until I had no air left in my lungs. I ended up in the forest. Tears started flowwing down my face and whimpers escaped my lips.

"Gina!" I heard a voice that made all of my tears stop. I turn around to see Roland running towards me. I put my arms out and lifted him up over my shoulders. Behind him was Marian running trying to catch up.

"Roland, get away from her!" Marian yelled as she yanked Roland out of my arms.

"But, Momma Gina" Roland whimpered as tears rolled down his cheeks. I try to keep a straight face until I see Marian slap Roland. I stayed there frozen. How could a mother hit her child for him having done nothing?

"Marian!" a voice that made my heart melt emerged from the woods. Robin. He ran towards the crying child to comfort him.

"I'm... I'm sorry" Marian ran off out of sight. I stood there watching Robin embrace his son. He got up and walked towards me with eyes that were infused with pain.

"M'lady are you alright?" his accented voice was like music to my ears. I still stood there. Out of the corner of my I saw Little Jon grab Roland and take him back to camp. Robin takes steps foward until our faces are inches apart. I can't move. He leans in to kiss me, but I turn face. The kiss ends up landing on my cheek sending shivers throughout my body. I wave my arms and a cloud of purple smoke surrounds me and I show up back home. I turn my back towards a wall and slide down, cradling my head between my knees. I was miserable, on the floor sobbing violently. I somehow needed to confront this pain and make it stop. I got up and went directly to get a bottle of wine. I popped the cork off and then sat in front of the fire chugging down the bottle.
"Knock Knock"
I try to ignore it, but the person knocking apparently doesn't understand I want to be alone.
"Regina I know your in there, so please open the door." an angelic voice comes from the outside. I started shaking. I was a nervous wreck. I wave my arm and the door opens. His beautiful hazel eyes were struck with worries and pain.