Working Things Out

Y/N'S point of view

I eventually got home from my walk and from the museum, as I walked inside I leaned against the door and let all of my emotions out. I cried so much I fell to the floor and bunched myself up small.... I need help.

I slowly got off the floor and brushed myself off and wiped my tears away. I slowly walked into my kitchen to see if what I can cook myself to eat, but as usual at the moment I had no food in the fridgerator or in the cupboards. The only thing I could do myself to eat was either a sandwich or some toast, but as I couldn't stomach any food right now I went to bed hungry.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of knocking on my front door. I slowly climbed out of bed and slowly made my way downstairs to see who it was. I looked through my peephole to see it was Zak.

I unlocked my door and slowly opened it. As soon as Zak saw me he didn't take his eyes off of me.

Zak: "Y/N"

Y/N: "Hey Zak"

Without another word Zak quickly came inside and wrapped me in a tight embrace in his arms. After our hug I looked up at Zak and saw he had tears in his eyes, then next minute I knew Zak placed his hand on the side of my face wiped away a stray tear from my eye.

Zak: "I've been so worried about you Y/N, why didn't you come and see me when you was at the museum?"

Y/N: "I was scared Zak. I thought you wouldn't want to see me again"

Zak: "Y/N of course I want to see you, I always want to see you"

Y/N: "I'm sorry"

Zak: "why are you apologising for baby you didn't do anything wrong"

Y/N: "I said I don't want to see you again and said some other horrible things to you"

Zak: "Y/N you had every right to say what you did, I haven't been honest with you and hid away the fact I'm in a relationship"

Y/N: "Zak, you don't need to tell me anything about your personal life, its completely up to you who you hook up with"

Zak: "but I've been hurting you in the process"

I can feel myself breaking down again and I let go of Zak and sat down on the couch.

Zak: "how's work been treating you these last few weeks baby?"

I didn't say anything, I don't even know what to say to Zak.

Y/N: "uhh"

Zak: "Y/N? What aren't you telling me?"

OK now I can tell Zak was getting more worried about me.

Y/N: "I... I was... I quit my job"

Zak: "what!?, why didn't you say anything to me, you could have told me baby"

Y/N: "believe me Zak I wanted to tell you but I thought you'd be disappointed in me"

Zak: "dissapointed... Y/N I knew how you was feeling about your job. You could have told me you actually went through with it and left"

Y/N: "I know and I'm sorry again Zak"

Zak looked at me and smiled at me slightly before he came over to me on the couch and held my hand in his.

Zak: "baby if you haven't been working then please tell me something..... How have you been coping with the bills and getting groceries?"

I couldn't look at Zak at all, I looked down at our hands joined together before I looked away.

Zak: "oh my god.... Y/N have you actually eaten anything these last few weeks?"

I looked at Zak and shook my head.

Zak let go of my hand and put his head into his hands.

Zak: "Y/N why didn't you come to me for help, I could've helped you. But instead you've been struggling to pay bills and going hungry. Why didn't you come to me?"

I couldn't even look at Zak let alone say anything to him until...

Y/N: "I'm sorry OK... I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It seems like I'm not the only one hiding something... What are you hiding from me, tell me why did I have to sign some paperwork for the museum?"

Zak looked at me and sighed deeply.

Zak: "have you read the letter I gave you?... Well the one Bacon gave to you, It explains it all in there"

I looked over to my coffee table and saw the letter Zak gave me, it's just sitting there unopened.

Y/N: "I haven't read it, my head has been all over the place. Why can't you just tell me right now"

Zak: "it's hard to explain it to you properly. But I will say this, I promise you everything is going to be OK and I'll find a way to make this work where I can see you and spend time with you. I can't go for another so many weeks without speaking or seeing you Y/N, I can't"

Y/N: "what about Holly, she's not gonna like it if we're spending time together"

Zak: "what she doesn't know won't kill her. Besides I don't like her like that in anyway, but Y/N everything you need to know about Holly and why she's around is in that letter I wrote to you. Please promise me you'll read the letter"

I really want to read the letter now to see what Zak has said, but I know he'd want me to read it when I'm on my own. Whatever Zak has said he seems really broken about it all. I don't know who this Zak sitting right in front of me is anymore, he's not the Zak I know and love..... I want my happy Zak back.

Y/N: "I promise"

Zak smiled at me slightly before he wrapped his arms around me again.

Zak: "before I go back home I best sort you out haven't I. You just sit and relax here and I'll go and get a few bits for you".

Y/N: "you're so sweet Zak but honestly I'm fine, I'll work something out"

Zak: "no I'm not taking no for a answer. I'm gonna get some supplies in for you"

I didn't want to argue or anything with Zak I'm happy he wants to look after me.

Y/N: "OK, thank you so much Zak"

Zak: "I'll do anything for you baby and you know it"

Zak leaned over to me and kissed my forehead before he stood up.

Zak: "I won't be long OK"

I smiled at Zak and nodded my head, then he made his way to get some supplies in for me.