Chapter Thirty One

Cori:

I awoke to the sound of a deep breathing in my ear. The smell that assaulted my nose reminded me of HIM.  Realizing where I'm at, I try my hardest to sit up. I then realize that my ankles and wrists are chained to the bed. Oh no, not this again.

"There's no use trying to escape. I'm not letting you go again. I've finally found you and you're going to stay here with me forever," he says, his evil blue eyes staring at me.  The guise of Aiden's brother has faded, and the scar that I gave him years ago is shining brightly in the moonlight pooling in from the window.  I try not to let him know that I'm scared shitless right now.  Where the heck is Aiden when I need him?

Slowly he starts to touch my leg. I'm going to throw up. "Why can't you just let me go?" I ask, really scared at this point.  I remember what he did to me last time, all to clearly. It's like a story in my head that is slowly playing out.  Him raping me, him turning me into a werewolf, him hurting me. I just need to get away, but I don't know how. Last time it was purely luck, that's all I had. There is no chance, except for Aiden, and he doesn't even know where the heck I am.  I just have to bide my time.  I just have to suffer for a little bit until I can finally come up with some way to escape this evil man's clutches.

Aiden:

I need to find her, but I don't even know where to start.  Her scent in the woods faded fast, and we haven't established a mindlink before, so that's out of the question.  It's been almost two weeks since my brother, or whoever that guy pretending to be my brother is, took her.  She's probably given up hope by now. She probably thinks I'm not going to save her. I just want her in my arms. I want her to be safe and sound.

"Aiden, you need to go to school son," my mom says, quietly entering my room. I'm sitting on my bed, smelling one of Cori's shirts that she left over awhile ago. I need her here with me. My wolf is crying constantly from missing her. "I can't go to school, I can't go anywhere until I figure out how I'm going to get her back," I answer, fingering her soft shirt. I can picture the way he's treating her, hurting her.  What if she's dead? What if he's killed her out of madness? I won't be able to stand living knowing that I was so close to saving her and I wasn't able to pull through.

"I know son, but you only have a few more months before you graduate. Just go to school and pass.  You can still spend time looking for Cori, but you're not doing anybody any good just sitting here brooding," mom says, running her hands soothingyly through my hair.  "Mom, I can't live without her," I whisper as she pulls me into a hug. "I know dear, I know. How do you think I felt when your dad died? It was like a hole was ripped through me, and I couldn't breathe for years. You're going to find her, you just have to be patient and precise," she answers, rocking me in her arms.  Tears that I won't let anyone but my mother see, slide down my face. "I'm going to find her mom," I manage to say.  She sighs and hugs me tighter, "You need to find her," is all she says.