Chapter Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

CORI

That boy was SEKSI with capitle letters.  He looked almost exactly like the guy from Ninja Assasin.  He had long black hair that hung to his broad, well muscled shoulders, high cheekbones, and nice, plump lips.  His body was tall and lean, way taller than me, and maybe even Aiden.  Not to mention, his sense of style was KILLER.  He had on gray slacks and a coral colored sweater that totally excentuated his WAY muscular chest.  The sleeves were rolled up to his forearms, making him look way buff but skinny lean at the same time.  All in all, my wolf got over being annoyed and sad, and sat up in amazement at his beauty.  Who was Aiden again?

AIDEN

I dont like the look she's giving the new guy.  Its like she's forgotten me.  How is that possible? She's my girlfriend! Well...she WAS my girlfriend...then I kissed Becca.  BUT, I didnt kiss her on purpose, she kissed me.  Then...I slept with Becca, but Cori doesnt know that...or does she?!

Wait. I have to be calm.  I have to get Becca away from me.  I have to show Cori that I truly like her, and that I want to protect her from this guy she's afraid of.  I know for sure that night when someone broke into her house that it was HIM.  I could see the fear on her face, but she hid it pretty well.  I'm going to get up right now, shake Becca off my arm, and claim Cori as mine once again.

CORI

"Hi," he says to me.  It seems the world has left me, and he is the only guy I see.  But thats probably because I'm being very emotional right now.  "Hi," I say, and shake the hand that he is holding out.  His hand engulfs mine, and I feel a teensy crush start to form.  BUT, I shouldn't be feeling this because I'm totally in like with a guy who broke my heart.  Its not right to like a guy this quick..I know it!

"CORI, can I talk to you?" Aiden says, coming up to the table.  "NO," I anwser, not looking up from the conversation I was holding with Jace.  He really was an interesting person and it helped that he was amazingly beautiful.  "Well. You're still going to talk to me," Aiden says, pulling me away from the table.  Instead of making a big scene, I sigh, and let him drag me away.

Just as we leave the cafeteria and he starts saying something, a loud and piercing scream echoes the hallways.  "What was that?" I say, snapping into wolf mode. Aiden too, lets his wolf take over.  "It came from down this hallway," he answers, leading me to the entrance of another different hall.  He pushes me behind him, though he knows I dont like to be told what to do.  Just when I am about to say something, he shushes me by putting his hand over my mouth. 

AIDEN

I could smell a foreign wolf.  I dont think Cori can smell it because she really isnt paying attention right now, but this scent is all over the hallway.  She is quiet when I remove my hand from her mouth.  The smell gets stronger as we near a janitors' closet.  "I know this smell," she whispers.  When I look back at her, she is pale white like all the blood has drained from her.  This is when I get the hint that HE whoever he was, was responsible for whatever horror is behind this door.

My wolf is on high alert as I slowly push the slightly ajar door open.  The room is pitch black.  "Dont turn on the lights," she pleads, but I ignore her.  I can feel her hands fist into my shirt.  Flicking the lightswitch on, the room becomes flooded with florescent brightness.

CORI

The first thing I see, is a dark red.  The walls are coated with this color, like someone painted them with paint. But, I know it isnt paint.  The body laying in a heap on the floor confirms my fears about the bloody walls.  I'm coming for you reads the walls.  HIS scent is everywhere.  If I didnt know any better, I would say he was still there.  The poor girl that screamed is dead, a pale white color is her skin.  I swallow my scream as my wolf cowers in fear.  No one can save me from this fate.  I know this now.  I should just give up-

"We need to call the police," Aiden says, interupting my thoughts.  When he sees my face it is like he can read my thoughts. "I am not going to let HIM hurt you," he whispers, pulling me into a hug.  At that moment, I dont care that he broke my heart, because I am so scared that I just want to curl into a ball and cry.