Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

Cori's POV

My jam was on.  I loved Shakira, because she always made me proud of who I was, even when I had killed a person.  When I started singing along to the song, and Kate joined in, Aiden and his brothers looked at us like we were crazy.  Of course, I really didn't doubt their thoughts, because I knew I was crazy, and I usually rubbed off my craziness to Kate. 

"Don't you just love this son?" I asked him, dancing as wildly as I could, in his teensy, compact compact space of a car.  "Oh, yah.  Who doesn't love Shakira?" he remarks sarcastically.  His brothers in the back seat roar with laughter at his exclamation.  I just roll my eyes at their antics, and turn the radio up even higher than it already was.  As Kate and I sing, I notice a look that passes from him to me.  When I catch his eye, letting him know, that I knew he was staring at me, he blushes a deep shade of red, and looks away quickly.  My wolf howls in amusement, inside of me, and gently rubs her fur against my insides, letting me know that she likes the vulnerablness we produce from him.  I wanted to hug him, and ruffle his hair, but decided against that, because he was driving, and I really didn't want to die yet.

Aidan's POV

She caught me looking at her.  Somehow I couldn't hinder the blush that was threatening to flood my face.  Never in my life had a girl caused me so much embarrassment, never had I actually BLUSHED for a girl.  But then, I guess there is a first time for everything...

"You live in the same neighborhood as us!" Kate exclaims, when Ron points to our mansion, as we drive to theirs.  While Ron and Rex hold a conversation with her, my hand itches to grab Cori's.  I place my hand right next to hers, just barely touching her hand.  She looks down at our hands, feeling my faint touch, and she smiles.  Quickly, before I knew what was happening, she grabbed my hand, and held it. 

 Her warmth emanates to my hand, and I try not to let the raising sigh inside of me, escape.  "Your hands are really calloused," she whispers, so as to not let the children in the back hear our conversation.  Her breath on my arm stirs goosebumps on me, and all I want to do is pull over and take her.  I refrain of course, because a gentleman doesn't use a lady that way, or at least that's what my mother always told me when I was a child.  When I look away from the road, for only a second, I see that her head is leaning against my shoulder.  Her golden hair that's shining in the sun, is softer than velvet, and my wolf wants to drown itself in her scent. 

All of a sudden, Kate bursts out with a loud exclamation, "Do you think Remy likes me?" and jars my thoughts of Cori.  I feel as if I am waking from a dream, when she picks her head off of my shoulder and pulls our interwined hands on her lap.  "Of course he likes you," she states, sighing in dissappointment.  I don't really understand why she is dissappointed, but then I don't understand women at all.

"This is it," she claims, as we drive up to a large, white, southern looking mansion.  I am astounded by the house, first of all, because it is HUGE, not that I'm not used to big houses, and second of all, how can she afford this.  "Are mommy and daddy home, Auntie?" Kate asks in the back seat.  "Probably not," she answers, then grabs her bag, along with Kate's.  "Thanks for the ride," she says to me, and opens the door.  "Anytime,"I answer, and wave, as she grabs Kate's hand.  "I'll see you tomorrow, then, I guess," I add, right before she shuts the door.  Absentmindedly she nods her head, in agreement, but I know that she isn't really paying attention.  "Bye," she says, then shuts the door. 

"Dude, you totally love her," Ron, states, putting his feet up behind my seat.  "Get your feet down," is all I say, as I watch her walk away.  "That's why you broke up with Bekah, isn't it?"Rex adds, pondering.  "Of course that's why.  I mean, Cori is WAY hotter than her," Ron answers for me, as I put the car in reverse so we can back out.  "She is beautiful," Rex agrees, and we leave.

Cori's POV

My hand was still sizzling from his touch.  I was glad that I had assumed he wanted to hold my hand, because if I hadn't otherwise, I would've never been able to touch him.  Kate runs up to her room, leaving me to think about today.   It wasn't my best day, but it also wasn't my worst.  Even if everyday from now on out, was like today, I wouldn't mind, because then I could kiss Aiden again.  I pondered about him, as I climbed up the stairs to my room. 

When I reached the door to my room, I heard a scuffling sound inside.  It didn't sound like Ashley or Derek's walk, so I assumed it was some one who wasn't supposed to be in there.  I slowed my breathing down quickly, and opened the door fast. 

My room was a mess, papers were everywhere.  All of my books were on the floor with torn pages, or halfway burned.  My coverlets were torn, and my pillows sliced.  To put it all together, it looked like a tornado hit.  In the middle of the mess, there was a clearing on the floor.  All around it, was mess, but in a perfect circle, there was a clean spot.  In side of that spot, there was a folded note, with a skull wax letter holder, keeping it folded.  I tried not to think of the Phantom of the Opera when I saw this, but that was what popped first into my mind. 

Dear Cori,

Did you think I was dead?  I wouldn't blame you if I did because I know that it's been a while since I've seen you.  Don't worry, I haven''t forgotton about you, my little wolfie.  I just want you to know, that I"m watching you.  I know about your infatuation with that boy.  It would be best for all of us, if you kept your distance from him, because we wouldn't like to see him dead now would we? 

I just dropped in to say hello, to my little darling.  I haven't forgotten about our love, because it's the kind that never ceases to exist.  Just remember YOU'RE MINE, and no one will keep you from me, so I suggest you don't tell any one about this little encounter.  Have a good night sleep darling, I will see you soon...

With all my love,

Your Maker

I dropped the note.  My head was reeling, my pulse was rushing, my wolf was scared.  No, she wasn't scared, she was terrified.  He couldn't still be alive, I remember killing him....except, I actually don't remember him dying. 

FLASHBACK

I was his slave.  He wouldn't let me go.  I was chained to the wall, with no light coming through the dank window.  If this was my reality, then I didnt want to live.  "Hello my little darling," he says, coming through the door.  His blond hair was so pale, it shone in the darkness.  I whimpered, my newly added wolf, was hiding somewhere deep inside of me.  "Dont be scared little one, I'm not going to hurt you that much," he exclaims happily, laughing raucously.  He grabbed my and threw my against the wall.  "Stay still," he mutters, as I wriggle under his grip.  I feel his hand slide into my pants....

REALITY

I didn't want him to be alive.  He couldn't be.  I was saved from him, my father had him caught, but was he really caught.  I mean, the police, my father, they were human, they wouldn't stand a chance against a werewolf.  Maybe the person they caught and executed, wasn't really the perputrator, maybe the real criminal is still out there, watching me...Maybe he is watching me right now.