02| talked

The night was cold, after a whole day of scorching heat, Annika could finally have some peace of mind

The night was cold, after a whole day of scorching heat, Annika could finally have some peace of mind. The sky above was empty expect from the moon that illuminated it's light, the lighter clouds floating near the lonely moon every now and then. Everything reminded her of him, a single man who was capable of making her feel this way. A cup of coffee was only needed to complete the perfect night.

"It's not good to share such an incredible view alone" Annika recognized the voice soon, Aryan Raichand. The one and only person who was always able to get things out of Annika. "I like it here, I come up here on the terrace all the time" While resting her chin in her hand, she gazed outside. "Tell me, how are you really?"

"I am fine Aryan Bhaiya, just a bit dejected. I don't know where I have been going wrong" Annika sighed. It was like a big burden on her shoulders to figure out where she was actually lacking. "Chikoo, I don't think it's your fault. They are the problem. Never, ever, think that you are any less. Trust yourself" Aryan said as he stood beside her, an assuring hand landing on Annika's shoulder.

"Are you ready for the cruise Annika? I am hoping this short vacation will help you clear your mind" Aryan muttered, his eyes fixed on the buildings ahead of him. "I am hoping for the same. I think it will help me. Two weeks, it is?" Annika asked, turning her head slightly towards Aryan to find him nodding back at her.

The night under the bright stars was always spent with him and all she could remember was his fingers running down her length of hair while his other hand would caress her cheek. He would mutter things to her which would make make her cheeks redden but then again, he would laugh at her embarrassed face.

"Thinking about him?" Annika was startled for some seconds before she composed herself. "No, why would I?" Maybe lying felt like the best option she had right now because Annika knew Aryan better. When her eyes met his smiling face, she frowned. Was he able to see through her lies?

"I can always know when you are lying and when not" Aryan muttered to her. It was the truth, from his childhood he had observed Annika, her voice would drop low when she would lie but normally, she had her tone up. "Tell me, what about him?"

"I am not thinking about him" Annika sighed, diverting her eyes back at the view in front of her. "Rhea, I have a girlfriend, her name is Rhea" Annika looked at Aryan with amusement written all over her face. His brother being in a relationship was something she had never imagined.

Annika remembered the time in middle school when he would say that he never wanted to date anyone, Aryan was always a boy who thought girls were just distraction. "I am quite amazed" She muttered to him, keeping her eyes fixed on the sky. "Ayaan was trying to say this to Maa but I wanted to tell Maa and Dad privately"

Annika nodded her head. Trying her best to not think about him at any cost. "Who would have even imagined that I would be falling in love with the least expected person at the least expected time" Aryan sighed. "Chikoo, I won't force you to get married but give it a thought. We won't do anything that would be against your will"

"I know Bhai, I know. But I don't think I want to get married tied down now" Aryan nodded his head, he got what she was trying to tell him. Maybe she was right, she was too young to get married. "I will talk to Maa then, don't worry, she won't bring up this topic again"

Aryan passed on a smile to Annika while she sighed out in relief. "You two have been up here and I was looking for you two everywhere" Ayaan complained as he shouted out, probably making the neighbors hear him too. The house was two storey, not much large but it wasn't small either. But what Annika liked particularly in the house was the terrace and the view from here.

"Maa is calling you two down for dinner" Ayaan said, pointing at the direction of the entrance of the terrace. Annika and Aryan nodded and moved ahead, leaving behind Ayaan with a pout. "Why am I always the left out?" He whined and followed the two of them.

ミ★

It took Annika whole three hours to get her clothes selected from her wardrobe, it was hard to do so. She had wished Gauri would have been here for her rescue, she always did but now that she was three hours away from her, it seemed impossible. From the time she was in nursery, Gauri had been on her side, like her right hand.

When her best friend shifted her house three hours away, Annika felt like a part of her was taken away. But still, she never stopped talking to Gauri till now. Annika was content that Gauri was coming to the cruise to the Goa too. The whole friend's group was, except from the one person whom Annika wanted to forget for her lifetime.

"Annika, we don't have much time. Come down in ten minutes" Ayaan had shouted from outside her room. Sighing, Annika gathered herself. She had shut the lid of the suitcase and moved towards the mirror to take a look at herself.

If he would have been here, he would have hugged her from behind, with his chin resting on her shoulder, his blue eyes would stare at her intensely. No, Annika refused to think about him. It's been almost four years and yet here she was, thinking about him. Annika felt pathetic of herself.

"Chikoo, come down fast" Hearing Ayaan shouting her name, she was back to reality. Even though her eyes looked dull, she was happy that her face hadn't lost the glow. Annika had wore a simple white crop top along with a pair of black jeans and her hair tied in a ponytail.

While she descended down the staircase along with her suitcase, she found her whole family sitting in the living room and chattering. A smile adored her face instantly. This reminded her how much of Aryan and Ayaan were missed in the house. "Chikoo, come here faster. Why did God gave you legs for? For walking right?" Ayaan shouted while gaining the attention of all family members.

"Listen here Aryan and Ayaan, no alcohol on this two weeks trip. And I would like it if you don't leave your sister alone, I clearly remember when you two were ten and I asked you two to keep an eye on her and you still lost her" Abhinav Raichand had now raised his voice which made both the twins flinch.

It was back when they had gone to a fair. Annika was so amazed in taking in the view around herself and seeing so many people for the first time, she had given a smile to each passing human being. But then, her eyes came in contact with a clown, so she followed the clown slowly while she made sure her brother's weren't watching her. It took an hour for everyone to find Annika while she sat on a bench with a wide smile, no emotion of fear.

Annika stood there, smiling at their almost pouting faces. Radha Raichand couldn't help but agree to her husband's words. "Yes, if we hear anything about you two were boozing, I am not letting you step inside this house" She threatened. Aryan who was nodding his head had only one thing running inside his head, the bottles of alcohol was kept in the green back under his two T-shirts.

Ayaan just kept his mouth shut, scared that he would ramble stuff that was confidential. Annika could only guess what was running inside the head of two of them. "And Annika, if they do anything that is out of line, you call us" Radha said while eyeing the the twins.

"Dad, if your lecture is over, we are running late" Ayaan muttered but instead of getting a nod from his dad, he got a glare. "Dad, we will make sure that we don't do anything stupid" Aryan said with assurance. Abhinav nodded, all he wanted was his children's safety.

"Annika, Aryan and Ayaan, have fun and also your whole gang would be there, right?" Annika quickly nodded at her mother. Aryan got up, glancing at the time in his wrist watch. "Maa, Dad, we will leave now. Take care" Aryan said as he took Radha into a quick hug and then hugging Abhinav. While Annika and Aryan followed his suit.

"Remember to stay safe and don't forget to have fun" Abhinav said with a smile, the three of them nodding. Grabbing their luggage along, they moved towards the entrance, Radha and Abhinav following them from behind.

The taxi was already there and Annika had looked back at her parents with a smile on her face for one last time before getting inside the car.

ミ★