Chapter Two

Cheryl and Toni were at the Whyte Wyrm waiting for the new member of the Serpents to join. They didn't know who it was yet but they hoped it'd be someone they knew.

Neither of the girls had told any one else about the brain tumour yet, but they wanted to soon.

'Two more rounds of drinks for us please, Fangs,' Toni called, just as she finished her beer.

'Here you go,' he said, putting two full pint glasses on the bar counter.

Shortly after, the song Mad World began playing and all attention turned to the pole in the middle of the small stage.

A taller blonde girl walked up to the microphone wearing a blue crop top and a white tight skirt.

She started singing, and as she did she looked up, revealing her identity.

'Oh my God,' Cheryl exclaimed, looking at Toni.

'Why is Betty joining the Serpents?' Toni questioned, confused.

'Because every king needs a queen,' a male voice said. The girls turned around to see Jughead just behind them, watching the girl on stage intently.

They moved their attention back to Betty, who had gone over to the pole and started to dance around it wearing nothing but black lace underwear.

'I remember when I had to do this, I was only 13,' the redhead reminisced.

'I know babe, but it was worth it to spend more time with me, wasn't it?' Toni asked, reaching for the other girl's hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

'Absolutely, TT, although I still don't think it's fair that you didn't have to do one of these hideous dances,' Cheryl grumbled.

'I told you, because I'm a Serpent by blood I don't have to,' Toni replied, smiling knowing that Cheryl would want to see her do it.

Betty's dance was coming to an end. She stepped away from the pole and got a round of applause from the audience, who were mainly half drunk middle aged men.

She walked off stage and was greeted by Jughead, who gave her his jacket to cover herself with.

'So, another Northsider joining the Serpents,' Sweetpea said, walking over to the girls who were sat at the bar.

'I was a Northsider, I did okay, don't judge her until you get to know her,' Cheryl snarked, standing up for her cousin.

'Okay hot pants, chill out,' he said, beginning to annoy the girl.

'Leave her alone Sweetpea, it's been a rough day,' Toni explained, giving him a pleading look.

The boy soon left, leaving Toni and Cheryl to talk privately.

'How are you doing?' Toni asked, kissing her girlfriend's hand.

'It doesn't feel real,' the redhead said in a monotonous voice, 'it's like I'll wake up tomorrow and be back to normal, like all of this is just a dream.'

'Well maybe it is,' Toni began, 'maybe this whole world is one big dream and we'll wake up being someone completely different, a different body, different circumstances, maybe life is nothing more than a dream.'

'Maybe,' Cheryl sighed, pecking Toni's lips, 'I love you TT.'

'I love you too baby girl,' Toni told Cheryl.

———————————————————

Author's Notes:

So what do you think so far?
This was a shorter chapter, just wanted to get a feel for the Serpents, the next chapter will move the story on further whereas this was more of a filler one.
Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment!! ❤️❤️