20/04/20 - continued

Start from the beginning

I'm coming for you, Ms. Scarlett Wilson. I only hope Jade's best friend, Selene Carter, will help me get through this investigation.

Keeping my research aside, I now log in to Ms. Sternwall's English class - a few students, including Mark, are already here. I roll my eyes at the over-punctuality of these students and wait impatiently for the teacher to join.

When she arrives, she seems baffled by Mark having logged in from two accounts - he smoothly covers it up by saying he has hardware issues.

Maybe this kid could prove to be a good asset for Ava and I...

"So, uh, are you like done with your assignments?" Ms. Sternwall looks down. Apparently, she's supposed to keep her camera on - but she's clearly very uncomfortable doing that.

Well, that's basic.

Something's bugging me, though...

I notice the students answering as they would in a normal class, but their teacher here is visibly shaking. Like she's wiping off her sweat at times and hesitantly looking beyond the camera. All signs that point to someone holding her hostage.

But the real question here is, are we sure it's related to Steven's story? Of course, it seems unlikely to be a coincidence that both these occurrences would happen at the same time. But would it be too much of a reach to declare they're connected?

"WAIT!" I finally realise what's been tugging at me.

Ms. Sternwall made sure all of her students answered her, and kept checking to see everyone was paying attention to her.

All, except Steven. Steven hasn't spoken a single word and yet she hasn't said anything regarding him.

I think I've established my theory.

~~~~

EVIDENCE+NOTES+PHOTOS

AVA'S NOTES:

AVA'S NOTES:

Lucas: tenses whenever communication with Steven is mentioned. this can be a reach, but maybe he knows something more about the case than he is letting on. another random note - the three of them used to hangout at a cafe near their school. probably not necessary but I felt like I had to add it.

HARPER'S NOTES:

Ms. Sternwall doesn't mention Steven anywhere in her class. Keeps looking beyond the camera.
Her best friend - Selene Carter. needs to be contacted
Her supposed rival - Scarlett Wilson. needs to be investigated.

looks like the two stories are connected, after all.