Whatever, Jane thought, unimpressed.

She wasn't happy about what Ohm just did.

"Freaking asshole," she cussed.

The guy just walked out on his bestfriend who came out to him. Jane thought he must be a horrible human being.

After a few seconds, Jane's eye widened upon realizing one major fact: the guy Ohm just walked out on, his bestfriend, was no other than Nanon freaking Ramos!

"Shit," Jane whispered. If there was anyone who could rival Ohm's basketball talent, looks, and popularity, it would be Nanon Ramos.

"Oh my God," Jane could hardly believe it. Nanon Ramos was gay!

Her thoughts were abruptly halted when she heard a sound coming from the room she was standing in front of: it was as if someone punched the black board. The next thing she heard was a loud, "Ouch!".

Without thinking, she rushed to the room and found Nanon looking miserable, eyes red and most importantly, his right hand was bleeding.

Jane immediately acted instinctively without thinking about who the guy was. On other days, she would be too shy to approach a stranger. More so, if the stranger was a popular guy like Nanon.

She pulled out her handkerchief and used it as bandage around his bleeding hand. After that, she handed him some tissue for his tears.

"Let's go to the clinic," she said and started walking towards the door.

When she noticed that Nanon wasn't moving, she grabbed his other hand and dragged him out of the room.

She didn't know where she got the guts to even approach a guy like Nanon Ramos but she just shrugged it of. He looked like he needed help and she was the only other person around.

------

After getting Nanon's hands treated at the University clinic, Jane decided to leave him there. She has yet to eat lunch after all.

However, just when she was about to leave, Nanon asked her to stay.

"You heard everything between me and Ohm, right?" Nanon asked softly, making sure no one else could hear him.

"Uhmm.. yes," Jane said almost inaudibly.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to. Well, I had the choice to leave but I stayed and listened anyway. I'm sorry. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I literally can't tell anyone since I don't know anyone here. I'm from a distant province so I don't have friends here. You have nothing to worry about."

Jane spoke so fast while fidgeting with her phone. She couldn't look directly into Nanon's eyes out of shame.

Nanon smiled, "You wanna be friends with me? As you probably know by now, I might have just lost my best friend so I pretty much need a new friend too."

Jane considered it for a while before responding. "I honestly think that wouldn't work. Uhmm. You're extremely popular and I'm just a regular student here. In fact, I'm only here on a scholarship. We're from entirely different worlds."

Nanon's smile grew even wider. "That makes it even more interesting. Come on. I'm gonna meet with my only other friend in this school in a few. Join us. I'll treat you for lunch."

"No need. I brought a packed lunch. But thanks for the offer."

Nanon was adamant , "C'mon have lunch with us. Wait here, I'll get my car and we'll drive our lunch spot. It's the most quiet space here in the campus, you'll surely like it. I'll ask Chimon to buy our food so we can eat there."