The Doctor

The next morning I woke up about 6:30 and turned to look at Narvel who was still sound asleep, he is an amazing man I really don't know why he chose me. I am sure happy he did though. I laid there admiring him for a few more minutes when I started to feel nauseous. Sure enough I jumped out of bed and emptied my stomach of our dinner from last night. Narvel apparently heard me, because the next thing I knew he was by my side and holding my hair.   After about five minutes and I was sure I was done, I asked Narvel if he would like to shower with me. Sure baby, but are you okay? Yes thank you for helping me I said. We got into the shower and he washed my hair and my body and then I returned the favor, once we were done we got ready and while I did my hair he went downstairs to eat.  I did my hair in curls just the way Narvel liked it and did my makeup.  I put on leggings, a low cut purple shirt and boots and went downstairs.

I saw Narvels mouth drop as soon as I walked into the kitchen, he was just staring at me. What I asked? Well babe you look a little too hot just for a doctors appointment if ya ask me. Are you complaining Blackstock?  No no no!! Not at all red it's just people will look and well your mine. I walked over to him and kissed him, I love you Narvel they can look all they want but you're the only man for me baby,.  Now let's go shall we? He nodded and took my hand and we walked to our car. 

The 35 minute car ride to doctor Greens office was pretty silent, we were both lost in our thoughts. Once we parked the car I turned and said Narvel I am scared, if I am pregnant I haven't done this in 20 years what if something happens? Reba babe we don't know anything yet, so don't get too upset. I cannot tell you everything will be okay because I just don't know, but I can tell you no matter what happens I will always love you and we will get through it together.  I smiled , Thank you Narvel  are you ready to go in? You're welcome Red and yes I am more ready than you know to find out. With that got out and walked into the office.

I checked in as Mrs. Blackstock and took a seat next to my husband. We talked, and then I read magazines while he played on his phone. Finally after what seemed like forever I hear my name called. We both stood up and followed the nurse back to our room.  They told me to set up on the exam table and get comfortable and that Dr. Green would be in shortly.  Soon enough she walked in. Hello Mrs. Blackstock I am Dr. Green what brings you in today? Hello you can call me Reba, I am here because I noticed that I was a few weeks late on my period.  Okay Reba have you taken a pregnancy test at home? Actually no I haven't, I didn't want to buy a test and have the media talking, also I could just be going Thorpe change as well. That's completely understandable, I will preform a blood test just to be accurate. I nodded and she started the test it didn't take long, but after it was over and she left it seem like Narvel and myself waited forever for the results. Finally she came back in. Well Congratulations are in order you two! Reba you are pregnant! I started crying instantly I also felt Narvel squeeze my hand and kiss my head.  Now I am going to recommend for you to go see Dr. Jones she is the best OBGYN I know, I would also say for you to take it easy, this may be a high risk pregnancy considering your age, but go see her and find out soon. Also start prenatals as soon as you can. Congratulations again Reba and Narvel and Doctor Green left us.  I kissed Narvel a few times and then we went back to the car to head home and set up my appointment.