Prologue {her capture}

(Three Years Ago)

"KADEN!" Obi Wan bellowed, his chest rising and falling with desperation, as he stared across the surface of Korriban, helplessly. His lightsaber, his only weapon at the moment, had been ripped from his body and held against his own throat by a young sith apprentice.

The girl he had called to, Kaden Morristan, was also on her knees, her dark hair wisping in the air violently as Dooku held her through the force clean to the ground, her knees married to the surface of the planet. They had been vastly outnumbered, sent on a mission that no two Jedi could possibly succeed in alone. If only Anakin and Ahsoka had been there, or even Rex...

Kaden looked back at Obi Wan, her heart burning with regret and fear. She had felt their mission would go badly, but she had not imagined something this drastic. She had not imagined that her closest friend in the temple... the most important person to her, would be threatened with death. Obi Wan was struggling and desperate, and she wished she could have told him anything to calm him, to show him that if he stopped, this would become easier.

A cold chuckle erupted from the throat of Count Dooku, his long eerie expression making Kaden's blood boil. "Now," he began, "I will present you with a choice, Kaden."

"I'm not negotiating with you," Kaden spat at his shoes, furious, fearful and doing her best to seem menacing. Her hair was flying everywhere, getting caught between her lips as she spoke, nothing about her appearance being graceful.

"Won't you, young jedi?" Dooku raised an eyebrow, turning to face his young apprentice, a slender and hairless woman with the face of a snake, who'd had Obi Wan's saber too close to his throat for comfort. "Very well. Kill Master Kenobi, Ventress."

Obi Wan had accepted his fate. Quickly, and more efficiently than he ever had before, he sunk into a deep meditation, feeling the force surround him. He would not leave this place, really. When he died, he would be one with the force. His eyes were closed, but the presumed darkness never came. Instead, a bellow from Kaden erupted.

"Wait, stop! I'll do anything!" she cried, her heart hammering in her chest so hard it ought to explode. Obi Wan caught her eye, shaking his head, mouthing a silent don't. For that moment, it was just the two of them, basking in the eyes of one another. She broke away from his glance, meeting Dooku's gaze once again, "I'll do anything," she repeated.

"Kaden, don't you dare," Obi Wan yelled, and he struggled to get to his feet, quickly being knocked back down to the ground.

"Anything?" Dooku laughed, "Sounds like a wonderful deal."

"Just let Obi Wan go," Kaden breathed. "Let him leave Korriban and return to the Jedi temple."

"Don't do this," Obi Wan was visibly furious, "Kaden, stop this right now!"

"Deal," Dooku laughed, "You will become a slave to me as well as an apprentice. You will aid the separatist movement behind the scenes, and will harvest your force energy for my use."

"Take me!" Obi Wan screamed, "Don't take her!" It was unusual for him to stoop to a level of such desperation, but Obi Wan was exactly that. The thought of losing Kaden, the one person he trusted more than anyone, the one person that was always there with him- it was unbearable.

Dooku ignored Obi Wan's calls, never breaking eye contact with Kaden's focused gaze. Her heart wrenched, every muscle inside of it burning with hatred, confusion, and pain. She could not lose Obi Wan, even if it meant never seeing him again. He had to live. "I'll do it," she said quietly, defeated.

The look on Dooku's face was ecstatic as troopers seized Kaden, cuffing her hands behind her, and leading her towards the ship, just past where Obi Wan was seated.

"This is reckless," he yelled at Kaden, his heart full of hurt and desperation to get her out of the cuffs that bound her.

"I won't lose you," she yelled, "not today."

"Young love," Ventress cackled, the sound passing through the Jedi Master like a soft wind, unimportant and unnoticeable.

"I'm going to find you. I promise," He said to her. Ventress released Obi Wan from her hold, and boarded the ship with the rest of the troops.

As he watched the ship fly away, Obi Wan's heart pounded in his chest harder than it ever had before, a huge piece of him stolen away.

She was gone now.