Chapter 2

"Hey kiiid," Keigo calls out softly,"It's time to go on patrol." he pokes me cheek and I open my eyes. He is standing over me. His face was very close to my own. I blush and cover my face with my wing. "Did I embarrass you?"

"No..." I mutter. He chuckles in response. I mean yeah he did...a little bit...but let's just say he's good looking. Him being that close to my face made me flustered *fankid noises*

I know he's like three years older than me and he's been my mentor for three years. I may be developing a bit of a crush on him...

Once I feel the that the tint has gone. away, I get up and stretch. My arms straight up and my wings off to the sides. I release my stretch and Keigo is staring at me.

He quickly looks away,"Okay let's go." We fly around the city for a little. Nothing seemed by be wrong. Just normal everyday things.

We decided to do some community service instead. Picking up trash was our first task. Found some interesting things on the side of the road...

There wasn't very much so we went home around 5. We got out of our Hero costumes and got into comfy clothes. Keigo made dinner for us.

After dinner, which was homemade chicken noodle soup, we sat on the couch and watched movies until midnight. "Welp kid, it's getting late and we should probably go to bed." He turns off the TV and goes upstairs to his room. "Goodnight"

"Goodnight" I call back as I walk back to my own room. I lay on my bed and look around social media for a little. Then I see that the group chat with the Big Three and I is active.

Mirio: It was very calm today, nothing much happened on patrol

Nejire: Yeah, over here too, what about you Tamaki?

Tamaki: We had a run in with a villain

Me: You okay?

He was typing for a little,but when he finally responded it was a simple "Yeah, I'm fine." I told them about my day and I was up for awhile. I looked at the time and realized I should go to sleep.

I walked to the sliding glass door that opened up to the back deck. I checked to see if it was locked. The moon was bright and almost full. Keigo had a pool that the moon light reflected off of. I closed the curtains and laid in bed.

There was a book that I had been reading. I opened started reading it since I have trouble sleeping. Keigo's room was right above me. I could hear him snoring.

I put the book away and stared at the ceiling. Going to sleeps gives me anxiety.....I hate it. It's been like this since I was a kid. I don't remember when it started.

My mom said that I stopped sleeping with my door open when I was five. Before then I always had my door open, even if it was a little bit. That was also around the time my sleep anxiety started.

Maybe I should make something.....tea? Yeah that might help. I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen. If I remember correctly, there are tea packets in the pantry.

Quickly I scan the inside of the pantry and found a new box of chamomile tea. Keigo must've bought it when he figured out I had chosen his agency to intern at.

He knows I have trouble sleeping and make random things in the middle of the night. Chamomile tea seems to calm me down if I don't feel like making anything else. It's nice to know that he thought about me.

There were a few other things I had noticed in the pantry. Cake mix, frosting, and other ingredients to make different cakes and pastries. Those could be made another night, but not now.

The kettle had some water left over so I emptied it out in the sink. The weight of it was unexpected and it slipped out of my hands. I got startled and my wings instinctively flew outwards and a few feathers shot out.

I'm guessing Keigo heard the clatter. His feathers immediately had me pinned to a wall. "Shit...." I look up and see him standing there. "Sorry I woke you up....the kettle slipped out my hands."

"Don't worry about it kid." He sighs and releases me. I bring my own feathers back as well. "Can't sleep?"

"No" I mumble.

"You still have no idea what happened to make you feel that way before going to sleep?"

"Not that I can remember....It happened years ago, obviously I wouldn't be able to remember now."

"I'm asking just in case new memories have re-surfaced over the years. Maybe we could help you get sleep if we knew the cause."

"Do you want some tea?" I have already started filling the kettle up and put it on the stove.

"Sure" he sighs and sits at the dining table. I look at the clock and realize it's already 3 am. "After this you're gonna have to get some type of sleep."

"I know" the tea is finished and I hand him his cup and sit down next to him. "How are you doing in school?" He asks before taking a sip from his tea.

"Top of all my classes and training is going very well."

"Everything at home okay as well?"

"Mhmm..."

"You know if you ever need to get out of the house you can call me." He looked at me with concern on his face. He was worried. Of course he's worried, my parents are constantly fighting.

I'm used to it. When it starts, I just stay upstairs and listen to music with headphones and draw. Sometimes I may pretend to be asleep so that my mom doesn't bother me. It's probably best that I start getting out of the house.

I'm graduating soon. I can also move out whenever I want to. I'll be okay, for now. I can wait a little longer to move out. Doesn't really matter to me. I just know that Keigo will probably want me to move in with him.

We finished our tea and Keigo washed our cups for me. I'm sure he's pretty tired already, I know I am. It is almost 4 am. "Alright kid, time to go to sleep, I'll wake you up."

I nod and go back into my room and lay in bed. I check my phone and see no new messages. I guess I have nothing else to do. My eyes close and I slowly fall asleep.