Chapter 1

For as long as I can remember doctors poked and prodded at me. They were trying to figure out my quirk. I have black wings that I can use to fly, but these wings I can make catch on fire. This fire isn't just any fire, it's blue fire. I can also turn the feathers into steel and I can shoot them at my targets.

While I'm flying and catch my wings on fire I can disappear. It's a very strange quirk to say the least. That's why doctors were so invested in it.

When I entered UA they stopped studying me so that I could focus on my school work. I am now a third year and I'm about to start my internship with Hawks the #2 hero. I've been his intern before and it's a different experience each time.

It's best for me to be with Hawks since we can just fly around the city together. Our quirks with the feathers are kinda similar as well.

I sit in the classroom listening to my teachers instructions. It's the same thing every year. Be polite and professional with our Hero's. Make sure they know where we are and where we're going.

We grab all of our stuff and head to the train station. "You're going to Hawks' agency again this year aren't you Y/N?" Mirio come up to me.

"Yup!"

"He seems like the best mentor for you considering your quirks are similar," he paused,"It must be awesome to be buddy buddy with the #2 hero!!"

I laugh,"I mean I guess it is, he said that if I ever needed a place to stay I could go there."

"That's nice of him, Hawks is such a good guy. Welp!! I gotta go see ya later Y/N!!" He ran off into the direction of his train and waved.

"See ya!!" I waved back and headed off. I walked off to my train and found a seat. Someone sat next to me but I didn't want to interact with them and put my ear buds in.

I guess I fell asleep cause the person next to me woke me up. "Is this your stop?" She asked kindly. "Ummm," I look around,"Yes thank you." We got off and I headed off to Hawks' place.

He owned a big house. I knocked on the door and immediately it opens and I see Keigo. His feathers are shaking with excitement as he gives me a big hug.

"Oh Y/N it's been such a long time!!" He Squeezed me tightly.

I tap on his shoulder and he puts me down. "A month isn't a long time." I say as I walk in.

"A month is like an eternity"

"I'm sure you had plenty of things to do while I was gone," I walked into the guest room and set my stuff down. I then laid on the bed with my face in the pillow.

"Why are your beds so nice to lay on??" I mumble.

"I had them made just for you." He was leaning against the door frame.

"Oh shut up," I laughed.

"No seriously," I looked at him...I can't tell if he's being serious or not...

"If you did thank you then."

"Get ready we'll be leaving in 10 minutes," he walked off. I closed the door and got my hero costume on. It's a black body suit with a titanium chest plate, shoulder elbow and knee pads. It also has a utility belt with special equipment. Everything is fire proof and has the ability to disappear with my body.

I open the door and see that Keigo is waiting in the kitchen and already has his hero costume on. He looked up "Ready to go?" He smiled.

"Mhmm, ready as I'll ever be." I smiled and nodded back. We outside and took flight to his agency. On the way there he got us some chicken onigiri.

We finally got to his agency. His office was big and I immediately plopped myself into the couch. "I feel like you're too comfortable here" he laughs.

"Tis your fault sir, you let me feel like you were family" I giggled.

"You have a point" he walked over to his desk and started working. I waited for Martial Arts and jiu jitsu trainer to come in until Keigo said something about it."They aren't coming in this week. You're sparring with me this time."

"Really!?" I stand up. He's never done that before. I guess he is at a higher level than I am and he thinks I'm ready for it. I do practice in my own time as well.

"If I assume that you have been keeping up with your training at home and UA then I am also assuming you're ready to spar with me."

He gets up and walks over to me. I start to back up. He has a smirk on his face. Shit! Don't panic, it'll be okay. I mean you're probably gonna get your ass beat but he'll go easy.....right?

"I'm not going easy on you, sweetheart." Fuck...I think he's gonna try and act like a villain. I feel my body get lifted up and slammed against a wall. let my body hang limp. Hopefully this will get him to panic that he shoved me too hard.

"Y/N quit the act," I heard him say. I didn't reply. I felt the feathers release me. My body fell to the floor. Keigo's footsteps came closer and I heard him kneel next to me.

I jumped up and got him into a triangle choke hold. One tiny thing I forgot about were his wings. He picked me up and dropped me onto the floor. The air got knocked out of my lungs and I let go of him.

I quickly shot up and tried to kick him in the chest. Instead he grabbed my leg and threw me against the other wall. I'm gonna be sore later...I try to get up but I suddenly have an elbow on my chest and a knife by my neck.

"C'mon kid I thought you were better than this." I kick him in the crotch and he falls over. I'm able to get away. "Looks like I win" I smile

"Yup..."he says with a strained voice. We sit there for a little bit and he finally says something. "Not bad kid, not bad at all" he gets up and sits on the couch with a sigh. I sit next to him.

He looks at the clock on the wall,"We'll go patrol in half an hour...for now we'll wait and relax...." I nod and lay down on the couch. I don't know when I did but I fell asleep.