Bokuto Kōtarō: Love Languages

Summary: Fluff

• In which your group of friends is attempting to decipher the famous Spiker of the Black Jackals' love language but you get an unexpected personal insight into the answer.

Warnings: Scheming antics of friends, one swear word.

>>>----------------><----------------<<<

Upcoming Outside Hitter of the MSBY Black Jackals, a famous athlete by all means and potential model if he so wished - or rather, Bokuto Kōtarō as he was known by name.

An increasingly popular topic amongst your female friends as of late...

He's handsome - yes you'd heard it.

So charismatic and friendly - god you knew it.

And that athletic physique, those arms especially - eh, you'd seen him shirtless, his abs were nothing to scoff at either.

For you, it was understandable why people would see him this way in comparison to his teammates. Meian Shūgo had his fair share of fans too which you'd narrowed down to 'Captain Rights' - like in all the movies, who doesn't want to date the Captain y'know? The Jackals found amusement in the analogy nonetheless, even if Meian lightly punched your shoulder in mock offence.

But it was common knowledge that Spikers held more recognition simply because their role was more showy, Bokuto and Sakusa were popular with Black Jackal fans albeit the latters' attitude sent many warming more to Kōtarō. Hinata was too cute be considered hot, and Atsumus flirty behaviour resonated with those drifting toward the idea of a fling rather than valued relationships - hence their preference to Bokuto.

It stumped you as to how he was viewed more fitting for that role considering they were both as immature as each other. Dumbasses.

"What do you think his love language would be though? Quality time maybe or -" Kotori giggled, the brunette growing overly excited with the idea much like your other two friends as you tuned in momentarily.

"It's Physical Touch."

You'd filtered into the conversation so confidently, not a hint of uncertainty within your lacklustre answer as the trio of girls stared at your distracted figure with stunned expressions.

It wasn't that you were being antisocial, you'd just heard each Kotori, Yuki and Hanami gush over Bokuto too many times and now allowed yourself to zone out or type away on your phone as they rambled on. However, their extended silence caused you to meet their expectant gazes with a sceptical brow.

"What?"

"You can't just say that without reasoning (Y/n), especially with that clear-cut tone of yours. Why do you think it's Physical Touch?" Yuki cheerfully smiled at you, beckoning her hand for you to elaborate.

Did they forget that you worked with MSBY Black Jackal teams as their private medical professional on a daily basis? Apparently so.

"Ughhh, alright..." It was a pained groan of defeat, one that elicited invigorated smiles from your group as you uncrossed your legs and leaned on the Café table with a contemplative pout prior to elaborating.

"Bokuto responds best to Words of Affirmation, the man is a sucker for compliments really but expresses his own feelings via Physical Touch. I mean he's pretty decent with Acts of Service too but it's a lot less in comparison - he always claps his team on the back when they make a good shot, or tackles them usually for fun. Plus that idiot is a hugger so I'm pretty confident in my assumption."