Vampire!Akira x Reader [Holding my Heart]

Once again, not a request! I'm hoping to get back to those soon, so please be patient!

In the meantime, here's an explanation on why I'm making this chapter:
First of all, it's Akira, so uh- yeah. Second, vampires.

Warning for slight yandere..?

⬧︎⧫︎♡⧫︎⬧︎

[3rd Person P.O.V.]

Hushed howls were heard amidst the dark forest. Wolves. You weren't scared. Why would you be? You were walking alongside a vampire hunter, after all. If the great Goro Akechi could fight vampires, what chance would a small pack of wolves stand?

"And you're positive you saw him at the back of this forest?" The brown-haired male asked, his eyes narrowed and concentrated. 

You nodded, holding your cross necklace tight in your fist. "Yes, I did. His hair was as black as the night sky above us!" 

You frowned, remembering something your grandfather had once said before he died. "Never go into the forest behind the village. Some say to look out for wandering spirits, but I've found that's not the case. There are evil creatures there, young Y/n. They'll trick you to make you think they're human, but they're really- Augh-" He never got to finish what he was saying due to his illness. He was hit with a fit of coughs then taken to the village healer, where he died minutes later. 

"Miss Y/n?" Akechi's voice rung through the nighttime ambiance as his hand rested on your shoulder, pulling you out of your thoughts. 

"Hm? Oh, sorry..." You mumbled, your voice trailing off, just like any trace of life in the back of the forest. You were getting close to the spot, you could tell. Whether it was the copious amount of dead trees and wilting roses or the just the feeling you got when you saw a small clearing up ahead, you could certainly tell. 

You were handed a lit torch, watching as the red flame blew gently in the warm wind. Akechi looked at you with assurance in his eyes. "You'll need that," He said, pointing to the torch he had just given you. After walking a little further, the clearing got larger, and in front of you was a mansion, settled into its (mostly) hidden location. Akechi spoke up again, saying: "You can leave the rest to me, or you can accompany me as I search the mansion."

You felt adrenaline rushing through your body for a mere second, letting you say "I'm coming with you" right before all your confidence left as the door was opened. Your footsteps felt shaky, the tap-tap of two pairs of boots mixing themselves together as they echoed through the silence. 

You held your torch up to a few items in the room; Which you assumed to be the mansion's lobby, or something of the sort. One of the objects was a mask, mostly white with intricate black designs lining around the eyeholes. Another, lying sloppily on the table was a dagger, moonlight refracting itself off the sharply-pointed metal, spreading seldom moonlight in the room, yet not enough to see clearly. 

You walked towards a large staircase, looking to the side of it. Hanging on the wall was a portrait, framed in gold. The face looked rather familiar, the messy black hair, the ebony eyes. You knew it was the boy you had seen the night before. You opened your mouth to call Akechi over, only saying the first letter when, before you had time to finish, nor he had time to turn his head to find you, a cold gust of wind shot through the open door, blowing out the flame that was once your only strong source of light, and whisking the torch out of your hands, ending with it landing somewhere on the floor unbeknownst to you. 

The sound of steady footsteps against the marble floor rung rhythmically, echo-free, unlike yours and Akechi's. Despite the fact that the doors were closed and the wind had already passed, your spine was sent into a bitter chill, causing you to bite your lower lips and clench your hands into fists at your sides. You couldn't see anything through the darkness, making the encounter only more frightening than it had already been.