Futaba x Male!Reader [Discord]

Requested by Mwe0baby

U/n = Username

Futaba's username is "Oracle" based on her western code name.

➶➶♡➷➷

[Y/n's P.O.V.]

FOrtNitE- Jk Jk

I sat in front of my desktop, the buttons on my keyboard clicking and clacking repeatedly. On my head, I wore a black headset that had an attached microphone. I used that to my advantage. 

"Oracle!" I yell Futaba's username through the microphone, "We need an assist!"

"Gotcha!" A female voice responds, her avatar running up to the current battle and using her weapon to deal with a fair amount of damage to the opponent. "Is that the boss?" She questions after the smaller opponent had vanished from the screen, defeated. I readjust my camera to look up at a much larger enemy. 

"I think so," I reply, taking a healing potion before immediately dashing towards the said enemy and damaging it a few times. Unfortunately, the healing potion did almost nothing, because no matter what HP I was on, the boss would always deliver a one-hit kill. 

I grunt as a red 'Game Over' text spreads across my screen.

"Everything good?" Futaba asks upon hearing the sounds of my displeasure. 

"No," I sigh angrily, "I keep dying, I'm out of revives."

"EEK!" A small squeal comes from the other side of the call. "Sorry," She mumbles, "I just got a little scare from the boss... I died..."

"Don't sound so ashamed! We can practice different levels and get our ranks higher and get better weapons, then we'll come back and beat the crap out of this guy!"

"You bet," She giggles as I click off the game's window and onto discord. (Now you can tell they really gamin')

"Y/n, do you ever want to do a video call?" She asks hesitantly. "I mean, I feel like we're good enough friends that we can. After all, we've already shared so much about each other!"

"Yeah, you do live pretty close," I respond, scrolling up through our chat log and finding where she told me vaguely where she lived; or at least where her current guardian works. "I think we could do a video call, yeah. I have to go right now, though, so tomorrow maybe?"

"Yep," She chirps, and I can tell by the way she talks that she's smiling. "See ya later!" And with that, she leaves the call, and I do too. 

I've known Futaba for a while, but I've never thought to imagine what she looks like. Maybe she looks like her game avatar, since she has customization controls, though something inside me doubts that she has bleach-blonde hair with neon blue streaks. 

I fell asleep trying to imagine what she would look like, and I woke up anxious about my own appearance. How was my hair? Did she expect me to wear something nice? Probably not, I shrug to myself. 

I continue to inquire about my look until my thoughts dispersed upon hearing discord's familiar notification tone. I sit down in front of my desktop and look at the said banner notice. 

Oracle: I'm up and ready to call! I have nothing to do today, so any time works for me!

I take a deep breath and realize how stupidly anxious I am about this. 

U/n: I can call right now if you want

Oracle: Sure thing!

I didn't expect her to reply as fast as she did, nor did I expect her to immediately - In literal milliseconds - start the call. 

"Heya!" She greets enthusiastically. 

Her room is dark but I can still see her face and my god is she cute. Her hair is orange and she has large, round glasses that make her shining brown eyes only brighter. Her face bears a wide smile that grins directly at me. 

I tug on my shirt. "I feel like this is awkward, is this too awkward?"

She giggles. "I feel like I would be the one asking that. But no, I don't think it's weird. I mean, it's weird but in a good way, y'know?"

"Y- Yeah."

"Do you want to talk about anything?"

My brain just stops. Was I supposed to think of a conversation? "I dunno," I say, doing my best to bottle up my anxiety behind a nonchalant expression, "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Nah," She replies, the word fast, only a small quip. "I just wanna talk to you, I guess."

I could practically hear my heart beating against my ribcage. Was I already falling for this girl?

"Mona, shush," Futaba orders to something on the floor behind her. She walks over and picks up the creature while I listen to it break into a fit of hisses. "This is Morgana, a cat that's been accompanying me for the past few days," She explains, lifting the cat up to the point where its nose was sniffing against the camera. 

We ended up talking for hours and hours, and before I even bothered to look at the time, it was already in the evening and the sun was starting to set. 

"I think I'm gonna go now, I'm a bit tired. I didn't sleep that well last night," She says, yawning and rubbing her eyes. 

"Yeah, same here," I agree. "Well, bye I guess. Just tell me if you ever want to do this again."

"I bet you I will. Goodbye, Y/n."

Her icon leaves the screen as I'm met by a much darker "Call Ended" text appearing on my screen. 

I already know I'm definitely going to want to talk to her a lot. Maybe we'll meet up outside of discord one day, who knows?

Either way, I can tell we're going to go through a lot together. 

➶➶♡➷➷

Just so y'all know, this is almost entirely based on what me and my bro on discord chat like, so uh... Guess you know a bit more about me, now, huh?

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot, and if you didn't, too bad, request oneshots you would like so I can get more inspiration. Just kidding. Except do request, please.