Chapter 5: Moving On

Emily's POV:

I was getting dressed in some clothes Olivia bought for me while Elliot was getting my discharge papers to take home. I heard steps and then heard him knock on the door.

"Are you ready sweetie?" He asked.

"I am." I smiled.

I grabbed my school bag that Olivia brought to me, and walked to the door.
Elliot put his hand around my waist to keep me close while exiting the hospital. When we got to the car he opened the door for me and then went to the drivers side. We both got in buckled up and he started the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I need to stop off at the precinct and finish up some paper work." He said. "You could probably hang out with Olivia and some of the other detectives." He finished.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun." I said smiling.

We got to the precinct and we both got out. I heard a man's voice screaming my name and I got scared. I grabbed Elliot's hand and squeezed it. It got his attention and he looked at me alarmed. He saw the fear on my face and he turned around and pushed me behind him to protect me. I saw him put his hand on his hip ready to grab his gun. 

"EMILY! YOU'RE COMING WITH ME NOW!!!" My stepdad's voice boomed.

"Dad, I'm scared." I said starting to cry I saw that he was pointing a gun at Elliot.

"Put the gun down!" Elliot yelled at him.

"No! That's my daughter you have there!" He screamed at the top of his lungs gaining the attention of some other cops and civilians. 

"No, she's my daughter. I have full custody now. Put the gun down!" Elliot yelled again. I noticed that my stepdad moved his finger onto the trigger and I got so scared. Then I saw another detective quietly walking behind my stepdad. 

"I believe he said put the gun down." The detective said pointing the gun at his head.

My stepdad turned around and his eyes got wide. He slowly put the gun down and put his hands in the air.

"You're under arrest for the rape of Emily Stabler." The detective said.

Immediately Elliot turned around to me and hugged me tight. He knew that I was absolutely terrified. I started crying into his chest. The fear completely taking over me. 

"You're ok." He said comforting me because I was shaking. I hugged him back tightly.

"It's all over now, he's never going to get you." He said rubbing small circles on my back to calm me down.

I was still crying into his chest, but I was calming down a little bit. I heard footsteps and then I heard people's voices.

"Elliot, Emily, are you guys ok?" I heard Olivia ask worried.

"We're fine now." Elliot answered.

Olivia got closer and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"I'm so glad you're ok." She said hugging me. She could tell I was still scared. 

"You're ok Emily." She said comforting me. After, she went over and hugged Elliot.

"Emily, I don't think you got to officially meet the rest of the unit." Elliot said.

"No, I haven't." I said smiling.

"I'm Captain Donald Cragen." An older bald man said shaking my hand.

"I'm Odafin Tutuola." A detective with hair slicked back into a tiny braid said shaking my hand.

"John Munch." An older detective said shaking my hand.

"Hello, I'm Emily." I said smiling at all of them.

"Welcome to the family!" Munch said hugging me. I hugged him back and then everyone else hugged around us and we were in a giant group hug. After the group hug, we walked inside the precinct building. My dad sat at his desk and started filling out paper work. I walked over to Munch, Fin, and Olivia and started talking to them while I waited for my dad to finish his paper work. After about ten minutes of talking with them, I looked back and noticed my dad looking at me smiling. I walked over to him and brought a chair next to his desk.

"Can I ask you questions about what happened at your mother's house?" He asked me.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Can you tell me about the rape?" He asked.

 "Only if you are ready to talk about it." He added. 

"Yeah, I'm really ok, to talk about it." I reassured him.

"Well it was a about a month ago. I was in my room, mom left to get groceries or something. My door opened and it was my stepdad, he closed the door behind him and he had this horrible look in his eyes. I knew that something bad was going to happen. He came over to the bed taking off his shirt. He got on top of me and started kissing me. I tried to push him off but he was holding me down, he undressed me, and he raped me." I was crying now. Next thing I know, I felt my dad's arms wrapped around me comforting me.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't there to protect you." He said tears glistening in his eyes.

"It's ok dad." I said.

"No it's not." He replied.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't know about me. It's not your fault, you're here now and that's all that matters dad. I mean, how can you protect somebody you don't know exists." I said.
He looked at me and smiled.

"I love you so much Emily." He said wiping my tears.

"We are going to put him away for life." He said.

"And we are going to put your mother away too." He said.

"What are you going to charge her with?" I asked.

"Child endangerment." I heard a female's voice say.

I turned around and there was a blonde woman in a business outfit.

"I'm Alex Cabbot." She said sticking out her hand.

I shook her hand and hugged her. She looked shocked by the action, but she smiled and hugged me back. 

"Thank you for helping." I said.

"That's my job. And Elliot is a close friend." She said smiling at me.