Chapter 2: The Truth

Elliot's POV:

"She jumped in the pool!!" I heard Olivia's muffled scream.

I took off my coat, as well as my gun holster and jumped in the pool after the girl. I saw her sinking to the bottom slowly. She has been in the pool for a couple minutes. She is going to lose consciousness soon. I saw her eyes start to close as she hit the bottom of the pool. I swam faster to the bottom of the pool. I grabbed a hold of her waist and started swimming to the surface. I pushed the girl up faster so someone could pull her out of the pool. Fin ran over and pulled her out of the pool and laid her in the ground. Olivia called an ambulance for the girl. I noticed some kids starting to crowd around the fencing on the other side of the pool. Cragen and Munch noticed and walked over to tell them they had to leave.  

I checked and she had a pulse but it was slowly fading. I started to do chest compressions and when that didn't work, I started mouth to mouth resuscitation. I had to have done it for a couple minutes but I kept doing it until she woke up and coughed up water. I was relieved when she woke up. She started shaking because she was cold. I walked over to where I put my stuff and grabbed my coat and put it around her shoulders. I picked her up and carried her to the ambulance once it got there. I set her on the gurney inside and went to leave when she grabbed my wrist.

"Can you ride with me I'm scared." She said looking at me, fear in her eyes. 

"Yeah, of course." I said sitting beside the gurney. She grabbed my hand and held it.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Emily." She said.

"Hi Emily, I'm Detective Elliot Stabler." He said shaking my hand.

"Hello." She said. Olivia climbed inside the ambulance as well.

"Hello, I'm Olivia." She said shaking Emily's hand.

"Hi Olivia, I'm Emily. You're beautiful Olivia." She told Olivia.

"Well thank you Emily, so are you." Olivia replied.

"Thanks." Emily said looking down.

"Why did you run away?" I ask.

"I couldn't handle the name calling. Everybody makes fun of me everyday." She said starting to cry.

"Because you were zoned out at the assembly?" I asked.

"Yeah, I zone out a lot. It is also because I am at the top of my class." She told us.

"May I ask what you were thinking about?" I asked.

"I was having a flashback." She said.

"About?" I asked.

"My mom talking to my dad. Apparently he's not my biological dad." She said starting to tear up.

"Do you know who your biological dad is?" I ask.

"I do." She answered.

"What's his name?" Olivia asks.

"Elliot." She said looking down nervously.

"Last name?" I asked wondering if she could be my daughter, but that would be a huge coincidence right? (Rule # 39: There are no coincidences. Please somebody get this reference.)

"Stabler, I figured it out when you said your name. She was talking about how I would figure out sooner or later that my step-dad was not my real dad, because I was the daughter of a detective." She said. I was in shock. I can't believe it. I didn't know Kathy was pregnant when she left me. She didn't even bother to tell me. I can't believe Kathy would do this. I have a daughter, and I didn't know. I missed her growing up.  I just saved my daughter's life.