💜C h a p t e r 2💜

Start from the beginning

"Are you gonna knock? " Jena asked as Ashanti turned the door knob.

"Pfff no. I do this all the time," Ashanri replied.

They walked in the house and were greeted with a cinnamon scent.

"Hello Ashanti, Cierra's up in her room. As always," Cierra's mom rolled her eyes.

Her gaze turned to Jena, "And you must be the new neighbor. Hi, I'm (insert name of choice). And it's nice to meet you. Don't you have a sister? "

"Im Jena, and yeah but she's still at home," she smiled and Ashanti grabbed her hand as they walked up the stairs. Ashanti stopped abruptly, causing Jena to run into her.

"Shhh listen."

There was music. Loud music. It sounded like it was in a different language but it had just ended. And then more music started.
Ashanti and Jena put their ears on the door and listened very closely. Someone was singing.

She's a really good singer Jena thought.

Ashanti slowly opened the door without making any sound. Jena realized the song to be the karaoke version of Young &Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. Ashanti motioned for Jena to stand behind the door.

Cierra stood in front of her white vanity and watched herself in the mirror as she sang. She changed her stance multiple times trying to make it sound better but nothing changed.

She was about the same height as Jena probably 5'2 or 5'3. She was a mixed girl and had carmel-colored skin. Her hair was about shoulder-length; it was curly and fluffy and bounced everytime she moved. She was wearing shorts with smiley faces on them with a cute oversized Harry Potter sweater.

The song ended and she walked over to her computer and typed something else. A beat started to play and Ashanti looked at Jena- who had a scared look on her face because she was in a strangers house with another stranger- and signaled for her to just stay there.

The beat picked up and Ashanti knew it was Fire by BTS. Cierra walked over to her twin size bed and grabbed her phone.

Ashanti slowly crept out of the door and when the timing was right she yelled 'FIIAAHHHH OHHH'

Cierra screamed and fell off her bed with a thud. Ashanti started laughing and so did Cierra. She got up and paused the song.

"Oh my gosh you should have seen your face ahaaha," Ashanti managed to get out.

"Dude you almost gave me a freaking heart attack."

At this point Jena started walking out and Cierra stared at her.

"What are you- OH this is Jena our new neighbor."

"Oh. Hi I'm Cierra!" She said with a bright smile, causing Jena to break out a smile too.

She didn't wait for Jena to reply before she went and gave her a giant hug. She looked at Ashanti for help and she gave her the 'sorry-I-cant-help-you' look. When she let go they all sat on her bed and talked while Jena's eyes wandered around her room.

It was a cute room, kind of cluttered but still cute. Behind the door was 3 posters of this 'BTS' band she listened to. She had a white vanity and on top was multiple brushes and combs in a container, a makeup box, a basket that held a lot of hair products, a cup which had some fluffy makeup brushes in it, a mirror, and an earring stand which had countless amount of sparkly and dangly earrings. There was a little desk in front of a shelf that had little jars and containers that help paintbrushes, colored pencils, mechanical pencils, and markers. There was a pastel pink box beside the desk that held a notebook, journals, planners, and binders in it. Her eyes then wandered to the shelf. On the top row was 5 albums, most likely by BTS. A CD holder and a little doll. The second one down had all the Harry Potter books and 1 movie. There was also a little Harry Potter doll, a Quidditch uniform, round glasses and a wand. Also the Hunger Games Trilogy. The next shelf had a bunch of papers and cards, probably gifts from friends and family and stuff. And the last two shelves were filled with collectable dolls. Something caught Jena's eye and she turned her focus to the wall behind her bed. It had a painting that said "The Halls" in white letters with 8 stick figures, all different colors. That's probably her family Jena wondered. There were also pictures of her with her friends all in fancy dresses and one with her and this girl named Ashanti. She had lots of different pictures and a frame that said FAMILY at the top that was empty.