xix. birthday

Taylor's POV

"Birthday sex."

That was what Harry said when I asked him what he was doing when I woke up to find him kissing my neck. Oh my.

I'd read in Cosmopolitan that this was one of the most monumetal sexual moments in someone's life. And I'm all for monumental moments.

- - -

"Okay, I have presents!" Harry announced after he'd been gone for about ten minutes. I used the time to check to messages.

Ella:

happy birthday omg omg 25!!!!!! i may or may not be freaking out

Karlie:

you're 25 you crazy bitch! i love you so much, you're like the sister i never asked for :)

Lily:

Sending love on ur birthday beautiful girl!

Selenaaaa :) :

baby we could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at ussss :) you're 25 today tay :( where did all these years go? i love you so much sis <3

I locked my phone, smiling.

"Haz, you didn't need to get me presents!" I groaned and smiled nonetheless.

"Yes, I did, now open them!" he grinned and threw me the first box.

I unwrapped it to find the cutest custom phonecase with a selfie of the two of us on it. I hugged him.

"I'm tired of those damn cat stickers on your phone!" he laughed handing me another box.

"Gorilla, by James Taylor?" I question, smiling at him.

"What? It has our song on it." He flips the cover of the CD to the back where the track-listing is. His finger wanders over all the songs until he finds it. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You). I already had this album, obviously, but I needed one to keep in my car. I kissed Harry on the cheek.

"Okay, one more." He held up a smallish black velvet box. I opened it, slowly, wondering what could be inside.

A paper airplane necklace, identical to the one he always wore.

"Babe, is this yours?" I gasped. I knew that necklace meant a whole lot to him.

"Not exactly. It's ours now," he smiled and lifted the necklace out of the box and snapped it in half. I saw that he had his necklace made into two halves that were magnetised and connected to two different chains. He placed them close to each other and they connected, forming a full necklace again.

"This half," he broke it again, "Is for you.. and this one," he held his own up," is mine."

I broke out into an uncontrollable smile. This was an amazing birthday present.

He helped me put mine on, clasping it behind my neck while I held my hair back. He exhaled slowly. The half plane lay on my chest, as if it had belonged there the entire time.

"Now you'll always have a piece of my heart, and I'll have a piece of yours. And all you'll have to do is breathe to feel my heart against yours. The two halves are magnetic, sort of like us. You can try and keep them apart, but as soon as they get close enough together, they are inescapably attracted to each other," he finished with a wink and a dimpled smile.

"I love you Harry." I hugged him once again, because he was the best gift giver.

"Love you more, happy birthday," he smiled and leaned in for a slow kiss.

- - -

I was in front of the mirror in my bathroom fixing my make up and hair. Harry and I were already running dangerously late to my parents' house. I pulled my hair up, to put it in a ballerina bun, but two bright red marks on my neck caught my attention. Shit.

"Harry! Get in here!"

He strolled in casually, in tight jeans and a white sweatshirt.

"What's up babe?"

"Explain. You left hickeys on my neck. What if my dad sees these, oh my goodness," I groaned, placing my head in my hands.

He bit his lip, obviously trying to stifle a laugh. "Okay, it's okay Tay. Just wear your hair down today, no one will ever notice them, I promise." he reassured smoothing my hair down into it's sleek bob. "Now let's go!"

- - -

Harry was outside with my dad and Austin. They were trying to teach him how to play football. The American kind. It was cute to watch him, running around, trying to catch the ball. Did I mention he was shirtless. Because he was. And I was having trouble breathing.

Being the person that he was, he was scared his sweatshirt was going to get muddy from the freshly-rained-on Nashville grass. So far, he'd fallen about three times. My mom and I were watching from a safe distance, drinking tea and chatting.

Mom sat back in her chair. "I see the way you two look at each other," she says as I watch Austin tackle Harry for the ball from my seat on the porch.

"And how's that?" I try to hide my blushing cheeks behind my rapidly cooling cup of tea.

"You're in love," she sighed wistfully. "I remember when I first fell in love with your father the way you're in love with Harry. Most magical time of my life," she smiled, looking into the far off distance.

"I'm sure it was, mom," I answered sarcastically and rolled my eyes, taking another sip of tea.

"Watch yourself missy," she raised her eyebrow sassily, "and don't be thinking I don't see those marks on your neck," she smiled knowingly.

Mortified, I tried to think up an excuse when I smelt something.

"Mom, I think your chicken is burning." I stated, shaking her from her smug daze of I Caught You Taylor.

I don't think I've seen her move that fast. Not even when I'd fallen off a horse and cut my leg really badly. Andrea Finlay-Swift, everyone.

Dinner went amazingly, my mom's cooking was definitely on point as usual. After opening gifts, Austin had to go back to his dorm on campus to cram for a quiz he had the next day. My parents had retired to bed and left Harry and I downstairs, telling us that we were welcome to stay the night since it was getting really late. Both Harry and I didn't feel like enduring the almost hour long drive back to my house, so we decided to stay the night.

I led Harry up the stairs to my room, being careful not to make too much noise.

"Your room is so amazing," he gasped as he entered.

It was pretty cool. I had photos of all my close friends and pictures from when I was on all four of my tours. It was just a giant collage, with pictures and posters and ticket stubs and memories. Also in my room were several guitars, including my very first one. I think there was even a GRAMMY somewhere in there, it was becoming a bit cluttered.

Harry and I were in the middle of a very heavy makeout session on my bed, when my dad walked in asking, "Hey Tay, have you seen my iPad, I can't seem to... find it.." his words trailed off as he realised what he had walked into the middle of. He face-palmed himself and rubbed his temples. "Locks, Taylor. The doors have locks. Please use them next time." He turned and left the room, shaking his head, like he was trying to get the image of me kissing my boyfriend out of his head.

With the mood completely ruined, Harry and I collapsed on the bed, laughing at the awkwardness.

**************************

a/n: and that was update number twoooooo :) thank you guys so much for 7.9K reads, y'all are incredibleeee :) these may have mistakes, its 2:20am :( but it's okay, im a perfectionist who'll fix them as soon as I wake up...

good night/morning/afternoon/evening my loves

-kay