viii. tears and fights

Taylor's POV

I had been sitting here, on the floor for God-knows-how-long. Harry had left a long time ago.

I shifted slightly to find my butt had become numb from sitting on the floor too long. Not like I cared. Everything inside me was numb now. Especially my heart. My head however, was pounding. I felt like my world had come crashing down.

It wasn't like all the other times we had fought.

He hadn't ever cheated on me before. There's always a first time for everything, I guess.

My headache had intensified exponentially. All the screaming and fighting did not help. I winced as I remembered how loud I had yelled at him and the venom behind his words. It was so hard to think that just a few days ago we had been laying in my backyard together, as happy as could be.

- - -

"Well maybe you should just go back to that girl you were playing tonsil hockey with earlier if you cant take this!" I screamed in frustration as I threw my hands in the air.

"She didn't mean anything Taylor, I swear. I was drunk," he softened his tone and pleaded with me.

"That is not and never will be an excuse Harry! What the fuck? I thought we had something amazing here damnit!" I unleashed on him. I was furious as hell. I started pacing up and down my living-room.

"It was just a kiss, Taylor. It's not like I slept with the damn woman! I think you can stop overreacting now," he huffed.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

He seemed to sense he had said the wrong thing.

"Tay..." he went to touch my arm but I pulled it away.

"Don't you dare touch me Harry Styles," I said in a tone so venomous that it made him visibly recoil.

I was so enraged my voice had turned into a whisper. I couldnt even look him in the eyes. My breaths were becoming shallow and I was sure the room was spinning now. I could only manage to say one word because my rage was sticking in my throat. How dare he?

"Leave."

He tried to come closer to me but I took a step back, holding my hand up to stop him.

"Leave," I said louder than the first time.

I think he knew I was really upset by what had happened because he grabbed his coat and car-keys wordlessly and then shuffled numbly past me and towards the door. He placed a ghost of a kiss on my cheek and I watched him leave. As soon as the door closed I fell to my knees against the wall, sobbing. We had both said "I love you" so many times that I never thought I'd ever be in this situation.

Eventually, I had cried myself dry and collapsed on the floor, asleep and hearbroken.

- - -
It was about 2am when I came to, on the cold hard floor of my downstairs. I lugged myself upstairs where it would at least be warm. The calls kept coming in but I didn't care. He could call all he wanted, but there was nothing he could say to make it right. Deep down though, I still wanted him in my arms.

He had kissed some model at one of thier stupid band parties. He had gotten wasted and messed it all up. For about the twentieth time, my phone ringtone blared through the silent room. I could hear the pounding of the rain outside. I focused my mind on that, trying to keep sane.

I dont even remember when last I had been this heartbroken. The pattering of the rain was interrupted by a tap on my window. I thought I had imagined it, but it was followed by another tap. And then another. And another.

What the bleeding hell?

I pulled away at the curtain and saw the last person I wanted to see at that moment. And he was soaking wet and throwing pebbles at my window. I threw the window open. If we were being honest, I was slightly amused by him standing there, looking like he'd been through hell. His hair was completely dishelved and he looked like he hadn't slept in ages.

"Taylor!" he shouted from the ground down below.

"What are you doing?" I screamed down from my balcony.

"I've been a complete douche Taylor! And I dont deserve your forgiveness. But you make me a better person! And... I'm in love with you! I'm so in love with you, I wake up every morning and thank God that you're still mine for another day. And God, Taylor... This rain is so fucking cold, I think I have pneumonia. But screw it, I'll stay out here all night if I have to," he tried to shout above the rain.

My anger had subsided and I was ready to talk it through with him. Also he looked so cold standing there as the rain continued to drench him.

"Come inside you idiot!" I shouted and disappeared downstairs to open the front door for him.
He stood on my porch, shaking like leaf in a hurricane. I pulled him inside with me before he got any colder.

"Harry, are you insane? You could have frozen to death!" I fret, pulling off his dripping coat. I then take off his also wet sweatshirt underneath.

He sat on an overstuffed couch in my living-room where I'd given him a blanket and turned up the heat. I came in with a cup of hot cocoa for him and watched as he sipped it slowly. Even though I was still angry at him, I was still worried that he might have hypothermia or something. Who knows how long he had been standing there?

I plopped down next to him and put my head on his shoulder, eyes drooping already.

"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" he whispered hopefully. I snorted.

"Hell no. It means I'm not a monster who'd let you freeze outside," I continued, "You're on the couch tonight buddy. And you better feel grateful I'm not making you drive back to your own house," I finished standing up and heading for the stairs.

"Goodnight Taylor,' he said. Taylor. Not babe or baby or even Tay.

"Goodnight Harry," I called back to him.

After I changed into pyjamas and slipped into bed, I heard my bedroom door slowly creak open and a tall figure stepped inside. We both knew he wasn't gonna sleep downstairs. I think he let me say that to him to protect my pride.

My bed dipped under his weight as he climbed in and I turned to face him. The mere thought of Harry, my Harry, kissing another girl made me sick to my stomach and brought tears to my eyes. He sensed what I was feeling, as he always did, and pulled me into one of his famous bear hugs. At that point, I lost it and began crying my eyes out onto his t-shirt, leaving a giant wet patch. He rubbed my back as I cried and somehow this made me angrier. I started pounding on his muscular chest as an outlet for all my frustration and he let me. When I was done he embraced me and whispered soothing things in my ear as I fell asleep.

"I love you so much" was the last thing I heard before I blacked out, exhausted.

**********************

a/n: OMG I UPDATED TWICE IN ONE DAY IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. haha joking. sorry this chapter sucks, but thanks for all the support and 600+ reads. you guys are so amazing ilysm.

aslo 10 days until christmas okay im super excited omg omg

-Kay