xiv. i've been thinking

Harry's POV

I was dreading waking up that morning. We both sat up in bed and almost ceremoniously turned our phones back on. So much fuss, I thought to myself, over two people dating.

My most recent email came from my management

modestmgmt@whomail.com:

Harry, we understand you and Taylor are a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but we need you two to come in for a joint meeting with us and Taylor's team at 10pm at HQ. This meeting is urgent and mandatory.
Regards, Modest! Artist Management.

"I got the email too," I heard Taylor grumble from her side of the bed. She sighed and ran her nimble fingers through her hair.

"It'll be okay babe, it's just a meeting. We'll do this together, right?" my voice was steady but on the inside I was a ball of nerves. I grabbed her hand and held on tight, squeezing it reassuringly. She squeezed back.

Her head rested on my chest and I stroked her hair. We laid in bed, trying to prolong the last few minutes we had before we'd have to leave the solitude of my house and go into central London.

"Harry, I love you."

"I love you too, Tay. I love you too," I smiled slightly, letting the words ring in the air like a bell. I loved her. No fans or magazines or meetings would change that.

The time was 08:45. We'd have to shower now if we had any hopes of getting there on time. Taylor lifted her head and climbed out of bed, heading to her suitcase in the corner, probably going to find something to wear. I stumbled, less graciously and ran my fingers through my hair. It was so long now, my fingers got knotted several times before they came out on the other side.

I was in the shower and about to start washing my hair when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. There stood Taylor, naked and dripping wet. I hadn't even heard the door open. I guess you could say I had a lot on my mind.

I looked at her, confused, but she laced her arms around my neck and started kissing me slowly. My hands impulsively went to her bare hips and kissed her faster. I broke it off soon afterwards though.

"Are you sure you wanna... right now?" I asked her breathlessly.

She huffed and answered, her arms still wrapped around my neck, "We could go into the meeting all anxious and nervous and uptight... or we could.. loosen up, maybe we'll even enjoy it." She smirked and shrugged, moving her lips closer and closer. I smiled.

And so we loosened up. And she was right; I was in a better mood and even cracked a couple of jokes as we drove to Modest Headquarters.

There were no paparazzi in central London, so we walked into the building undetected, holding hands. In the elevator Taylor began nervously tapping her foot, trying to expel some of her extra energy.

"Try shaking it off," I smiled.

I actually got a laugh from her but seconds later she was jumping up and down, bouncing her shoulders up and down and swinging her hips. She grabbed my hand and pulled me close, making me join her, shaking out the nervous energy. I'll admit it was a lot of fun.

We were just getting into the chorus of Shake it Off when the lift jerked to a stop and the doors slid open. We burst out of the doors laughing like schoolkids.

The door of an air conditioned boardroom with several chairs was open and so we walked inside. Inside the room, in the middle of a rather heated discussion were Scott Borchetta, Tay's boss and Tree Paine, her publicist, along with Gary, a balding middle aged man with a goatee and a Bluetooth earpiece, who was really good at getting me out of trouble.