Chapter 3

Recap: 

"He's the only person that's been able to stop my panic attacks, ever" I explain, short of breath. They both seem to understand and nod. I lie down on the bed and try to breathe, still bawling my eyes out. There is only one thought in my head the whole time.

'Eunwoo, I need you'

Lisa's POV: 

I rock back and forth as JinJin and MJ try to console me. I sit there, shaking, trying to think what started the panic attack. 

"Hey, Lisa. Why are you like this? What's wrong?" JinJin asks me, softly and concerned. 

"I-I h-ha-have P-PT-PTSD" I say simply, as I cannot choke out anything else. MJ and JinJin's faces change in a matter of seconds. Both of them become extremely pissed off again. 

"It has something to do with that fucker, your stepdad, doesn't it?" MJ says as JinJin's face dawns with realisation. JinJin has never met our mom's boyfriend, but he never liked him, because I told him that he scared me. 

"What did he do to you?" JinJin asked me. I almost never hear the tone that he is using now, this tone is scary. This tone means that JinJin will only ask once before he goes and punches somebody.

"He h-hu-hurt me. H-he hi-hit me. H-he be-beat m-me u-up. He-he t-tr-tried to r-rape m-me" I sob, knowing that I would have to tell him eventually. MJ's hold on me tightened as JinJin looked at me. 

"He what?" he asked, barely controlling himself. I can't talk anymore, as I am sobbing again. Saying what my stepdad tried to do to me has triggered the worst panic attack i've had in a long time. JinJin gets up and pulls out his phone to call my mom, probably. I shake my head, but my pleas go ignored. JinJin leaves the room and MJ holds me tightly.

"I can hear the car. It just pulled up, I'll go open the door for Eunwoo and the boys" MJ says softly, I nod. He leaves and I curl up into a ball, unable to breathe. I am sobbing hard as the door flies open. Eunwoo runs to me as I look up. 

"Close the door and leave" Eunwoo says with authority to MJ and Sanha, they obey. 

"Eunwoo!!" I sob as he comes up to the bed and holds my face. He looks like he is about to cry. I have only met him a few times, but I think he knew me from way back, because he seems to be alright with me. 

"Lisa. Who did this to you, huh? Who did this to my sweet angel?" he says, half concerned and half angry. 

"A lot of people" I whisper. He takes me in his arms and I sob. I eventually stop and my breathing returns to normal.  

"Shhh, Lisa. I'm here now. Eunwoo Oppa is here now. You can sleep. I won't let anyone hurt you" he says, softly kissing my head, just like how he did the last time. I grip his shirt tightly.

"Don't leave me" I whisper, my throat hurting. 

"Never, Lisa. I'll never let you go" he whispers back as I fall into a restless sleep. I knew that I was going to have a nightmare about my stepdad, and it started pretty much right away.

(physical and verbal abuse as well as attempted rape are mentioned in this nightmare. Please skip ahead if you don't want to read it💜 )

Flashback:

"Stop!" I say loudly, trying to get him to stop yelling at me. I think I just made the situation worse. He looks at me, the angry look that I am all too familiar with.

"YOU BITCH, WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?" he yells, making me flinch. My body flies to one side as he hits me on the face. I wince as I land on the floor. He looms above me as I beg him to stop.

"Please, stop!" I plead with him. He laughs. 

"You don't look so tough now. There's no one to save you, bitch. Your brother isn't here, neither is your mother, but then again, she never really liked you, did she?" he sneers at me. I start crying.

"STOP CRYING, BITCH!" he yells as he picks me up. I struggle against him as he carries me up the stairs, to the bedroom. This is something he's never done.

"Where are we going? What are you doing? Put me down!" I protest as we get to the bedroom. He throws me on the bed and starts touching me in places I don't want to be touched. 

"STOP!" I finally yell. He slaps me on the cheek and I taste blood. I start sobbing as he starts kissing my stomach. 

"NO!" I yell as I realise what he is doing. He continues and I beg him to stop. He doesn't listen. 

" WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" we hear from the doorway. It's my mom. 

"MOM, HELP ME!! HE"S TRYING TO HURT ME!!" I sob and run to her. She looks at both of us. 

"You slut, why were you trying to seduce your stepdad?!" she asks. I couldn't believe it. 

"GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE AND GO TO LIVE WITH YOUR BROTHER!!! I WILL NOT HAVE A SLUT AS A DAUGHTER!!!!" she screams. I bow my head, knowing that I won't get my say in anything. 

She pushes me into my room

"Finally, I can be rid of you, your whore. I wanted to take your brother, not you, but clearly your father chose him as well" she spat at me before pushing me down the stairs and out the door.

(end of nightmare: stop scrolling 💜)

I wake with a jolt, out of breathe and tears running down my face. Eunwoo sits up next to me, he has fallen asleep while sitting with me. He immediately grabs me and holds me. I hold onto his shirt tightly.

"It's OK. Whatever happened in your nightmare didn't happen here. It's OK. I won't let anyone hurt you" he ressures me as he holds me. I nod and sit up. he doesn't let go of me, so I slump onto his chest and we stay like that for a while. 

Finally, the door opens and Moonbin comes in. He walks in slowly and rubs my arm. 

"Hey, Lali. Everyone's a bit worked up at the moment, but JinJin wants to check if your OK. He's still really pissed off at your stepdad, so MJ said that I should check with you before letting him in" Moonbin says slowly. I nod.

"I'll go to him" I say quietly. Moonbin nods. 

"He's outside in the garden" he replies, and leaves. I look at Eunwoo. 

"I'm sorry to have kept you up" I say softly. He cups my face. 

"Don't be, as long as you are OK" he smiles at me. 

" I don't want to let you go" he says quietly. I smile. 

"Oppa, I'll come back when I'm done with my brother" I tell him. He nods and helps me up. My knees are a bit shaky but I can manage by myself. 

"I'll be back now" I say, and he nods. I leave the room and walk to the lounge to get to the garden. I never make it to the garden as I stop when I see who is in the lounge. My legs get shaky and I wonder if I'm still dreaming. 

"Eunwoo!" I yell, as loud as I can manage. He runs out of the room and holds my arms. 

"What's wrong, Lili?" he asks, concerned. I point in front of me and he looks in confusion. Realisation dawns upon him as he figures out who it is. He immediately stands in front of me protectively. 

"YAH JINJIN!!" he yells, and all the other members come running, as he yelled much louder than I did. JinJin immediately comes and hugs me before noticing the people inside. He also stands in front of me, and the others realize who these people are. 

"Mom, Steven. What the fuck are you doing here?!"