Chapter 2

Charlotte and Julian were already in the front lobby, and we said hello to each other. Julian and I did our peeps' handshake and we said hello to the security guard. Then we went up to Mr. Tushman's office. It was so weird being in the school when there was no one there!
"Dude, we could totally skateboard in here and no one would know!" Julian said to me, running and gliding on the smooth floor of the hallway after the security guard couldn't see us anymore.
"Ha,yeah" I said. The closer we got to Mr. Tushman's office, the quieter I got. In fact, I thought i was going to blow chunks.
As we got near the top of the steps I stopped. "I don't want to do this!" I said. Julian stopped next to me. Charlotte had already gotten to the top of the landing.
"Come on!" she said
"You're not the boss!" Julian answered
She shook her head and rolled her eyes at him. He laughed and nudged me with his elbow.
"This is so messed up," I finally blurted, rubbing my hands over my face.
"What is?" Julian asked.
"Do you know who this new kid is?" I asked.
Julian shook his head.
"You do know who she is right? I said to Charlotte, looking up at her.
Charlotte walked down the stairs toward us. "I think so." she said. she made a face, like she had just tasted something bad. I shook my head and smacked it three times in my palm.
"I'm such an idiot for saying yes to this!" i said, teeth clenched.
"Wait, who is it?" Julian asked. He pushed my shoulder.
"It's that girl Y/N," I said to him. "You know, the kid with the eye?"
Julian has no idea who I was talking about.
"Are you kidding me?" I said. "You've never seen her before? She lives in this neighborhood! She hangs out on the playground sometimes. You have to have seen her. Everyone has!"
"He doesn't live in this neighborhood," answered Charlotte.
"Yes she does." I said impatiently
"No Julian doesn't live in this neighborhood" she called, just as impatiently
"What does that have to do with anything?" Julian said.
"Whatever!" I interrupted. "It doesn't matter. Trust me dude, you've never seen anything like this before."
"Please don't be mean Jack!" Charlotte said. "It's not nice."
"I'm not being mean!" I said. "I'm just being truthful."
"What, exactly does she look like?" Julian asked.
I didn't answer. I just stood there, shaking my head. Julian looked over at Charlotte, who frowned.
"You'll see." she said. "Let's just go already, okay?" She turned around and went up the stairs and disappeared down the hall to Mr. Tushman's office. "Let's just go already?" Julian said to me, imitating Charlotte perfectly. I didn't laugh.
"Jack come on dude!" he said to me.
He pretended to give me a hard slap on the face. This action did make me laugh a bit, and I threw a slow-motion punch back at him. This led to a quick game of "spleen" which is where we try to jab each other in the rib cage.
"Guys let's go!" Charlotte commanded from the top of the stairs. She had to come back to get us.
"Guys, let's go!" Julian whispered to me, and this time I did kind of laugh.
But as soon as we rounded the corner of the hallway and got to Mr. Tushman's office, we all got pretty serious.
When we went inside, Mrs. Garcia told us to wait in Nurse Molly's office, which was the small room to the side of Mr. Tushman's office.
I am VERY nervous for this tour.