CHAPTER 19-Fate

"I'm trying but I keep falling... "

******************************
Song:helium by sia
__________________________________

Amelia POV

It has been a week since we came back from Paris and we returned to our normal life as if nothing happened. Even though I was still hurt by what happened, I didn't let my emotions overcloud me. I was stronger than that.

"Hey there Paris girl," Diana greeted me as I entered the office.

"It's been a week Diana, I'm no longer a Paris girl," I laughed and entered the elevator.

When I got to my office, I arranged everything on my desk and settled for the day's work. I looked at Dylan's door but it seemed he was not yet around. I worked on some schedules and continued to check my time for Dylan.  Dylan was never late, he always comes early but today it was 10 am and yet he was not around. I thought about calling him but then I heard some from the hall and I saw a happy anna and Dylan walking to the office. I looked at them with jealousy and sadness. They looked happy together.

"Good for him, "I thought as I turned back to my work. I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't notice anyone entering my office.

"Hey Amelia," Anna greeted cheerfully, I gave her a weird look but gave no reply.

"I don't talk to bitches," I didn't say it loud, I just thought about it.

"Amelia, I'm so happy Dylan and I are getting married in a month. He set the date immediately after he came back from Paris. Can you imagine? "She announced and laughed.

"Good for you, "I told her and turned back to my computer.

"Aren't you happy for me or are you bitchy about Dylan forgetting all about you?". She mocked.

The bitch was getting on my nerve, I felt like plucking her eyes out but I held back my feelings and pointed to the door.  "As you can see anna, I have a lot to do. Please leave "

"Gladly, don't worry dear I'll send you an invitation so that you can watch how Dylan and I are joined together as husband and wife," she laughed and then walked away. I couldn't do what I was doing as my hands started trembling. I couldn't believe my ears. Dylan fixed the date even after everything we had. He didn't care about my feelings. I was just a fool for falling into his trap. I  wiped the tears that streamed freely down my face.  I ran into the washroom and cried my heart out...

                    **

"Good night Diana, "I greeted Diane as I was leaving the company.

"Night Amelia, Tyler sent his greetings," she responded.

"My regards, "I said to her and walked out of the office into the street. I thought about my life and how it had come to this. Tyler and Diana started dating the following week I introduced them to one another. It seemed like l was the only single person among my friends.

" Cheers to a single life," I bitterly said. 

I took a walk to the nearest bus stop because the last bus just left and I had to walk to the second bus stop for another bus.  As I walked down to the bus station, my mind drifted back to what anna told me. I'm going to be single forever because I fell in love with only one man in all of my life, I kicked the ground with my legs and yelled.

"Why?"

"Life is never a bed of roses," A strange man said beside me. I wanted to run but he looked harmless even though he was dressed in all black. I gave no reply as I continued to walk. "Hello ma'am," he greeted. "Fate is such a funny thing," he said. " in the end, we don't always get what we wanted, "he said. It was as if he was reading my mind at that moment.

"Who are you? "I asked to make sure I wasn't talking to a mad person.

"I'm fate, we met by fate. Have faith and it will end well and I mean all your sorrows someday"

"What are you? A motivational speaker? A seer? "I laughed as I asked him. The guy looks weird and he was even bearing the name fate. "What the fuck? "

"Always watch your back, friends could turn into enemies," he said and run off. it was when he was far away that I remembered I got the same message about watching my back.

"Wait, "I ran after him but he was far gone.

Could it be that he was the same person that has been texting me about watching my back or did he know who was doing so? I thought and quickly dialed the emergency number to call the police but what was I going to tell them. "A man named fate had to be responsible for what has been happening to me."

  it sounded very hilarious

When I got to Larry's mansion where my mother and I were staying, I met them about to eat dinner at the dining table.

"Hello, you guys forgot me, "I joked as I walked in.

"Hey everyone miss Amelia is here," a heavily pregnant Sophia announced and we all laughed

"You came on time, join us," my mother said as she served dinner.

"Of course, I'm starving," I said and served myself.  we all ate in silence but I decided to break the silence by asking the question that has been bothering my mind ever since I met that man called fate.

"Do you guys believe in fate? "I asked. Larry gave me a blank look like I have two heads. "What? it's a question "

"Well I never thought you will ask such a question, Amy," Larry said.

"Fate is like an event that might happen, "Sophia answered but still I wasn't satisfied with her answer.

"Thanks for trying with the dictionary explanation everybody knows "I joked and everyone laughed.

she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Well, "My mum said and we all looked at her. "Fate is meant to happen. you can change your destiny but you can't change your fate. When you are fated for something, it would surely happen. When something is meant to happen, it will happen," she explained and went back to her food.

"That's a great explanation Lucy" Larry complimented my mother but I wasn't satisfied with her answer yet. it was not as if I don't know what fate was but I wanted to go deep and understand what that man meant by watching my back.
____________________________________
Thanks for reading.

.

Please just press the start button.

Fate finally introduces himself to Amelia. What is his motive?

Well, Anna and Dylan are getting married.... 😥😥😥😑😑😑😑.