Ruby's POV

A few weeks passed without me seeing Ryder. I began to worry but thought nothing of it. He did live next to me, maybe I could go check up on him.

Ugh, now I sounded desperate enough to worry about him.

It was a Friday, and Will Granger was throwing a party at his lake house tonight. He invited me personally which I thought was weird since he had never talked to me before and vice versa.

Before the party, I hopped on my Ducati and drove to Main Street and Fifth. Right in the middle of a bunch of boutiques, Thatcher's Chocolate Shop was nestled in a brick building right in between a liquor store and a flower shop. How ironic.

A small bell chimed above me from the door when I walked in. A short line of people stood behind the cash register and I waited patiently before spotting Ingrid when she walked out of a back room.

"Hey Ruby!" she came over and wiped her hands on the apron she wore. "What brings you here?"

I shrugged and looked around the tiny shop. There were little pictures in framed hanging on the farthest wall. A large bulletin board occupied a nicely painted cocoa colored wall behind me. "I just wanted to have a taste of Pittsburg's finest chocolates."

She grinned brightly like a thousand light bulbs and ushered be behind the counter where all the chocolates laid. There were truffles and all sorts of candied fruits. Peppermint bark was laid out on one of the shelves and there were chocolate dipped spoons. My stomach growled.

Ingrid laughed and led me behind the counter. "Well, you've come to the right place," she reached into the shelves and pulled out some of my favorite chocolates: dark chocolate, peppermint bark, and caramel pecan truffles.

"This looks amazing." I said as she handed me the chocolate in a paper bag. "How much?" I asked.

She waved me off. "You don't owe me anything, Ruby. I'm giving you free chocolate for life!"

I almost choked on the truffle when she said that. "What? Why would you do that?"

"Ruby, you saved my life. I owe you so much more than peppermint bark and truffles, but this is all for now."

I smiled gratefully and pulled her in for a hug. "Thanks Ingrid."

After an hour I left the store and headed over to Granger's party. When I pulled up into a long driveway that led to a nice house, I stopped to park my bike. A few people turned to look at me, startled that a girl was riding a Ducati.

When I walked in, the stench of alcohol hit me like a wave. Loud music was pumping out through the speakers like I was in a club. Bodies were crammed everywhere, trying to dance over each other.

While I was pushing past a couple who was making out, a voice called my name.

"Ruby!" Will came forward from the living room and stood in front of me. He had to yell loudly. "You made it!"

His breath reeked of beer and what I smelled of a hint of tobacco. "Hey, Will."

"Do you want to find somewhere more quiet?" he yelled.

I nodded and he led me to the kitchen where there were less people. Will handed me a plastic red solo cup but I declined. I wasn't going to drink from someone I barely knew. Yeah, Will was a nice guy and everything, but precautions were always on my side.

"This is some party you've got going on." I said.

"Yeah, wasn't too hard to spread the word around."

He took a step forward and I tried to step back, but my hip hit the counter behind me and I looked up at him.

"You look really nice, Ruby..." he slurred.

I placed my hands on his chest to push him back gently but he grabbed my wrists with his hands and pulled his head down to my neck. "You smell really good."

I struggled out of his grasp when his lips touched my neck. He instantly looked at me with confusion.

"What's wrong? I thought you wanted me."

"Will, I don't know if I led you on or what, but I barely know you." So I stalked out of the kitchen before he could say anything else.

There was a staircase leading up so I climbed up to the second floor. It was less crowded, yes, but the ground vibrated from the music and drunk girls and guys spilled out of the bathrooms halfway falling down.

I spotted a room down the hall and knocked to see if anyone was in there, though I doubted they could hear me through the loud music currently making my ears bleed.

Twisting the knob, I opened the door and shut it quickly behind me and locking it. But when I turned around in the dim lighting, I was shocked to see two people in the bed.

And one of those people was Ryder.

Sorry guys for the wait! I was busy with Xmas vacation!

I hope you guys had a great holiday and enjoyed the chapter!

Comment, vote, and share!!

Have a fantastic day, much love, -Anne :)